Bench

Hey just recently signed off for TL. However was told that I would be put on the bench how long are you allowed to be kept on the bench?

Hey just recently signed off for TL. However was told that I would be put on the bench how long are you allowed to be kept on the bench?

Its extremely BAD to be on the bench in a store with NO openings and interview at other stores to be turned down. It's to good to be on the bench but not be in a TL position after a month anyways. I almost got another job because I took it extremely personal that I was on the bench for 8 months.

Its extremely BAD to be on the bench in a store with NO openings and interview at other stores to be turned down. It's to good to be on the bench but not be in a TL position after a month anyways. I almost got another job because I took it extremely personal that I was on the bench for 8 months.
^this , but the opposite.
Don’t take things personal.

I waited 6 months... interviewed 8 times before getting a position.
ETL/STL/DTL at my store, ETL/STL at other store #1 and mutually agreed I was the right fit (read - STL was an ass and I didn’t want to work at that store), interviewed at store #2 with STL for SBUX TL (mind you, that was after spending 7 years in one) and was told by way of the DTL saying to my STL “yeah, just signed off a external TL over there,” spent a month in serious depression to basically go on weekends only to interview at what is now my store with the STL... and then the HRBP even though the DTL had signed me off six months prior.

Needless to say it was a wild ass ride. Good luck OP, and hang in there.

I waited 6 months... interviewed 8 times before getting a position.
ETL/STL/DTL at my store, ETL/STL at other store #1 and mutually agreed I was the right fit (read - STL was an ass and I didn’t want to work at that store), interviewed at store #2 with STL for SBUX TL (mind you, that was after spending 7 years in one) and was told by way of the DTL saying to my STL “yeah, just signed off a external TL over there,” spent a month in serious depression to basically go on weekends only to interview at what is now my store with the STL... and then the HRBP even though the DTL had signed me off six months prior.

Needless to say it was a wild ass ride. Good luck OP, and hang in there.
That’s some patience right there! My ETL told me that after she was put on the bench she waited *2 years* for a position 😳

Back