Benefits

Has anyone else noticed that every time Target “revamps” the benefits package, it always seems to take something away from long time TM, while benefitting newer hires? Years past, STD was paid based on your length of time with Spot, with longer time TM receiving a higher percentage from the start. Now, the waiting period is double what it was, percentage is low for everyone, but more qualify. Target took away the company stock 401k option, while lowering the length of time to qualify. And now, DC at their next service anniversary, will be taken out of the legacy accrual plans, thus losing benefit time each year. There are a lot more long timers that will hit 10-20 well before any of the newer hires last even 5 years. just can’t wait to see what other changes are coming this April, but I’m gonna hedge a bet they will all be geared towards rewarding newer hires, while taking something else away from those that have remained loyal through the years. Each communication makes me feel so appreciated even more. Plus let’s not forget how our service anniversary awards compared to that $2k sign on bonus Most of the new hires got before they skipped out.

having 90 hours vacation in 2021. now, you have zero in 2022. it happened at my store to a part timer
Okay, I'll bite again.

The part-timer won't be earning any more vacation hours. But are you also saying that they will no longer be able to use the ninety vacation hours they'd saved?

Back