Archived Bereavement pay

Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband's uncle passed away this morning and I wasn't sure if that qualified for any paid bereavement leave. I have only a few hours of vacation time left and the funeral is a 16-hour drive away. I've been with Target 4.5 years if that makes a difference. My ETL-HR comes in at 3pm but my husband is trying to plan the trip now so I'm just trying to get an idea of how we're going to swing this thing financially.

I've never heard of such a thing. I'm being genuine when I ask this but why would Target pay you to miss work because of a death in the family? My assumption is that when such a thing occurs you use your vacation pay to cover time lost or you eat the loss.

Looks like you would get 4 hours of paid time for an uncle in-law, assuming you would miss at least 4 hours of your scheduled shifts.

0018.jpg 0019.jpg 0020.jpg 0021.jpg

You won't get it for a member of your husband's family but you would for your own immediate family.
As to why they would do such a thing, there was a time, back when unions were strong and companies pretended to care about their employees that paying people for a few days during an absolutely tragic moment in their life was the decent thing to do.
It didn't cost that much and kept the company from looking like gigantic assholes.

You won't get it for a member of your husband's family but you would for your own immediate family.
As to why they would do such a thing, there was a time, back when unions were strong and companies pretended to care about their employees that paying people for a few days during an absolutely tragic moment in their life was the decent thing to do.
It didn't cost that much and kept the company from looking like gigantic assholes.
You get 4 hours for distant family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back