Archived Bereavement

Status
Not open for further replies.

retailfairy

Beauty TM
Asking here because I just can’t seem to find an answer through eHR or the handbook.

How much time do teammates get for Funeral/Bereavement? I have had two immediate family members pass away within the last two weeks, and another this past January. Not only did my HR rep think I might be out of Bereavement Pay (I took 4 hours in January), but they also said Target wouldn’t let me have paid time two weeks back-to-back (two days last week, one this week).

Anyone have more info on this stuff?

It depends on your average hours and length of employment. If you average 20 hours and have been at Target for 90 days, you get paid. Up to 3 days for immediate family.

Asking here because I just can’t seem to find an answer through eHR or the handbook.

How much time do teammates get for Funeral/Bereavement? I have had two immediate family members pass away within the last two weeks, and another this past January. Not only did my HR rep think I might be out of Bereavement Pay (I took 4 hours in January), but they also said Target wouldn’t let me have paid time two weeks back-to-back (two days last week, one this week).

Anyone have more info on this stuff?
It’s my understanding that there isn’t a hard limit, per se, but that it’s at the discretion of store HR and leadership regarding how often you can receive the bereavement benefit. I thought policy is that they may request documentation of some type in cases of multiple instances but I could be mistaken, it’s been about a year since I needed this information for myself. Sorry for your losses.

The two days last week one day this week “problem” is bullshit unless something has changed; I got mine as Friday, Saturday, Monday.

Last edited:
0018-jpg.3087

0019-jpg.3088

0020-jpg.3089

0021-jpg.3090

I don’t qualify for bereavement but I was given unpaid time off to attend a family members funeral out of state.

So sorry that you'd had so much loss recently.
Like SmilesWI, I also didn't quality for paid time off for bereavement when an immediate family member died out of state, but my store was more than willing to work with me and let me take as much time as I needed. I was careful to not abuse it and kept them informed about when I wanted to be back on the schedule. As it happened, it was just before Thanksgiving and Black Friday; the circumstances were such that my family was going to wait until after the holidays so maybe I lucked out in that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back