Archived Best Team Survey starts today

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're absolutely right. Last year my store bribed us, probably maxed out the 549 account for the month with a shit load of treats. The TMC and break room absolutely overflowing with food. They kept harassing TMs in the days leading up to it to "get your fill of the goodies and rate your leadership as high as possible!" Because, you know, giving people junk food totally makes up for being shitty leadership. I remember the ETL-HR at huddles saying how important the scores were and how much they "influenced" leadership decisions and policy.

All a crock of shit. Never heard anything about it once it was over. I imagine the scores were abysmal.

best way to watch what you say .. they know when you do your survey and I've seen HR right down the day and time that you took your survey, just saying.

I would never say anything like "Thanks for cutting hours and taking food off of our tables".

lol we have food in the break room ... but never have enough on payday to put food on my kids table.

Last edited:
I refuse to take it. No point to waste the time. They don't change so why bother wasting the time.

best way to watch what you say .. they know when you do your survey and I've seen HR right down the day and time that you took your survey, just saying.

I would never say anything like "Thanks for cutting hours and taking food off of our tables".

lol we have food in the break room ... but never have enough on payday to put food on my kids table.

Unless it's changed, the TM survey doesn't have room for comments.

My store actually got results from the Best Team Survey last year. The ETL-GE at the time was suddenly transfered to another store as their ETL Overnight Logistics only about a month after the BTS was done. So it may depend on the district leadership, but in my experience it gets results.

My store actually got results from the Best Team Survey last year. The ETL-GE at the time was suddenly transfered to another store as their ETL Overnight Logistics only about a month after the BTS was done. So it may depend on the district leadership, but in my experience it gets results.

We had an STL fired in part because of the BTS results.

We got some results last year, not a whole lot though. Mostly it was ETL-HR holding meetings with groups of logistics TMs because I guess our survey responses were so freaking low. Nothing much came of it aside from time wasted.

This year's going to be fun. As our only HR-TM pointed out, the survey's anonymous but when you're the only person in your workcenter... Doesn't matter. I'm going to say my piece.

My ETL-HR said this year was the last of it. I'm not entirely sure on that though but she sounded certain.

I remember when I first started Target about 3 years ago...we'd always have bananas, cereal, and peanut butter and jelly to eat, that they would actually keep stocked. Now, we never have anything like that unless it's a special occasion.

Really though, I don't have any complaints about the team in MY store. Thus, we usually get good survey results. But I do have plenty of complaints about the practices in general, specifically about scheduling and hours, or how well stocked store supplies are, or inconsistencies in certain policies. I don't like the surveys because they don't even ask questions that are relevant to my complaints. There's also no comment section when I can type out my thoughts. I know there's a way you can can leave comments outside the survey, but I don't think that's very anonymous, so I haven't done it.

I'll still take the survey, because it's like getting an extra break. Heh...

Are these surveys secret? Is there any way anyone can know what I actually say? I have not taken it yet but will be required to when I go back to work this week.

Are these surveys secret? Is there any way anyone can know what I actually say? I have not taken it yet but will be required to when I go back to work this week.

They're totally anonymous. The only way someone will know what you say, is if they're watching over your shoulder, which they won't do. It's your typical survey. It asks questions and statements and you rate them on a scale from "I Strongly Disagree" to "Strongly Agree."

They're totally anonymous. The only way someone will know what you say, is if they're watching over your shoulder, which they won't do. It's your typical survey. It asks questions and statements and you rate them on a scale from "I Strongly Disagree" to "Strongly Agree."

Our HR wrote down the date and time we took the survey, when I did it last year. Not to be conspiratorial but it does sound like a sneaky way of keeping track of who's giving the negative feedback.

Our HR wrote down the date and time we took the survey, when I did it last year. Not to be conspiratorial but it does sound like a sneaky way of keeping track of who's giving the negative feedback.

Possibly. For us, it was just a check list.

If HR writes down date/time they'll know who took the survey when, but can they log onto that section of the site or does that info get sent to a corporate clearinghouse? Is it parsed and sent to a database in the store? I would assume the date/time is on the survey itself. That's easily recorded by the computer system.
I have complaints lately. I don't trust half the people I work with/for.

At my store they're making a big thing about how last year's feedback was against people being "scheduled" to take the survey. So this year you can take the survey when you want!*

*Unless you're a cashier. Or work at guest services. Or Food Ave/Starbucks. Or are a part of Flow.
**Also if you could take the survey in the 10-minute period after your break, that'd be great too. The big old posterboard in the breakroom repeats this request several times, I think.

I am a proud disgruntled member of the Strongly Disagree club. there is almost no point in taking this thing any more as there is no feedback what so ever. the same bloody things get talked about every year, for the last 10+ years might I add, Communication, Accountability, Training. How many more years until they actually produce any positive results in any of those three.

and really having HR or the STL there when the surveys are being taken yeah so they can"answer questions" yeah lets with that shall we

for the last 10+ years might I add, Communication, Accountability, Training.
For us it was CAR: Communication, Accountability, and Recognition. A few years ago we started having everyone at huddles give mandatory recognition of someone else. Yes, mandatory. So, we finally got rid of the recognition component and are down to communication and accountability. They said a couple of years ago they were going to double their efforts in these areas: communication and accountability, communication and accountability. I just use the acronym CACA.

We had an STL fired in part because of the BTS results.

Huh. We could stand to lose one or two exempts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back