Archived Best Way to Get Merch Protection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Guys,

For quite sometime now I have been trying to get a Lock Case for my Altec Speakers. I've lost about 12-15 of them in the past few months. As most of you already know, the spiderwraps are terrible for these speakers since it's so easy to slip them off.

I was wondering if anyone had any tips on getting stuff ordered from Corp. is there any way to get stuff quicker. I have been waiting for about 5 months now to get a case but haven't gotten anything. Is there a specific way my etl's or my STL need to order the case so we get it sooner?

Any other tips or tricks on ordering stuff would be much appreciated. I seem to always have trouble getting stuff for my store... such as spider wraps or walkies -_-

The little stuff always seemed pretty easy like spiderwraps and walkies..Have you talked to your APBP? I would check other stores to see if they have anything extra as well.

I can't recall which ones the Altec speakers are, but a good trick to make spiderwraps super tight (on the older ones) is to initially click the two pieces together but don't completely lock it all the way. It allows you a few more clicks before you can't push the piece in to lock it, if that makes sense.

Use the empty xbox360 case. You can add locking hooks to the wall & a 2nd spider wrap to attach spider wrap on the speakers. My store had all big tvs, this way. Then, a bad guy tried to take the tv & was surprised by the extra locking peg holding the tv. Bye, bye, my big tvs are not moving...
I did check out other stores & their setups were different.
Locking peg & extra locking peg is your best bet.

You probably won't have any luck getting extra lock cases. We got a new one a while back for a electronics reset and it came damaged. We are still waiting on the replacement that will probably never come.

Your APBP might be able to pull some strings but it's doubtful.

Although they don't prevent theft as well as spider wraps, you can slap some of those stickers on the boxes. Either the theif has to spend more time and commotion taking the sticker off, or they beep as they go out the door.

I believe they are:

EAS Sticker - AP8021.1

If you are losing that many though, it's probably time to shift your cameras around and set a motion alert.

Use the empty xbox360 case. You can add locking hooks to the wall & a 2nd spider wrap to attach spider wrap on the speakers. My store had all big tvs, this way. Then, a bad guy tried to take the tv & was surprised by the extra locking peg holding the tv. Bye, bye, my big tvs are not moving...
I did check out other stores & their setups were different.
Locking peg & extra locking peg is your best bet.

This is absolutely brilliant. I wish I had thought of it.

Any other tips or tricks on ordering stuff would be much appreciated. I seem to always have trouble getting stuff for my store... such as spider wraps or walkies -_-

There's a slow rollout of eliminating all the Alpha & Invue cases and spider wraps that's begun. I think I was told that none of it could be ordered, and I know that at some stores... they've eliminated the stuff completely. When I first started... we could get certain things ordered through TIPP but that's long gone. Try to find codes for this USS crap. Some of the newer box guards might help in your situation. And as someone else mentioned.. you could also cover them in Checkpoint Stickers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back