Archived Big fight at my store between my cashier and a guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soooooo last night like almost 10pm, my cashier and a guest had an argument about why she not open, she was my sco, she explained to the guest that she was watching sco, but the guest was just being extra and said a lot of nasty words, my cashier ddnt like it and kinda pursued her, i tried to break them up and pushed my cashier away but all of the sudden the guest attacked both of us! I got hit on my head and then both of them fighting like cats!! Hardlines 4 and a police finally broke them up! Now My question is what do u guys think what should i do about it? To be honest im still light headed.

Sorry that happened, hope you are o.k. If you are still having symptoms you might want to get checked for a head injury/concussion. Senior store leadership will probably make the decision for you regarding how to proceed. Good luck!

What you should do is simple. If you don’t feel well call in, I doubt Leaders will have a problem with that. But go to an Urgent Care and be seen, Target will pay for that. You will also need to fill out an incident report and talk to AP. I suggest doing that without delay. The longer it takes you to talk to them the fuzzier the details might get. Do not give impressions or feelings. Only give the factual sequence of events that you witnessed.

Sticky situation, but if the guest attacked first it could have been self-defense. The other problem left is the fact that she continued to provoke the guest whilst representing the company in a negative light.

omg I am sorry that happened to you all. I hope you, the cashier, and the guest are ok. I hope you went and got checked out. Keep us posted!

As for your head, I'm so sorry that you were injured; if you haven't been checked out yet, that would be a good idea. That you were still feeling aftereffects when you wrote your post is concerning.
As for your cashier, yikes, but she should not have engaged with the guest. This is one of those situations where the customer is NOT always right, but your cashier should have dialed it down, not up. I hope the video will back up both you and your cashier, and that that particular guest chooses to shop elsewhere! No one needs that kind of grief.

i just talked to my HR and we did the incident report, i will go to urgent care tomorrow i just want to make sure im not injured thats all, i still want to go to work and so i can pay my bills. As for AP they will back me up since im a good GSA🙂 and as for my cashier she got termed today, its messed up.😓

Unfortunately, Target has a zero-tolerance policy for harassment. Much like public schools, where it doesn't matter who throws the first punch. It's an unfortunate situation to be in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back