Archived Big visit then a no show. How do you feel about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It may have not been set in stone. ETL's and STL's go in freak-the-fuck-out mode when they know someone may stop by, and then speak as if the visit is imminent. It's all silly horse shit.

I'm one of those who works their butt off every day. I don't mosey around the store. I get stuff done efficiently, and I leave work exhausted. I see other people (longtime TMs, TLs, and ETLs) standing around texting, gossiping for 20 minutes at a time, making personal calls. When those people are frantic over a visit, and ask me to do even more than I already do, I roll my eyes and go back to what I was doing.

Maybe we wouldn't need to run around like headless chickens in preparation for a visit if we all did our jobs correctly all the time.

I actually like preparing for a visit. For once, it means we have enough people working in the store. Softlines is still zoned to POG at 4:00, there's no reshop, I'm given a project that I can focus on for my entire shift, and the ETLs are too busy to micromanage us.
I agree that it's downright disrespectful to give us a false alarm. However, I still do enjoy the headless chicken show regardless of whether corporate shows up or not.

Aww, ETLs, you're acting like your bosses give you unreasonable expectations. You don't have the time or the workers required to get it done? They'll find problems with your work no matter how well you do? Well I had no idea people could be like that.

It's happened so many times I don't even care anymore. I always make my area look the best I can make it. The situation only bothers me when the ETLs try to start micromanage every little thing. It does give me a small happy when the ETls freak out because they've been slacking and they're about to be caught.

During the group visit I had ETLs and APBP iirc trying to help in cosmetics and I was just DYING to get them to go the fuck away.

They did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back