Bittersweet Emotions After Putting in 2 Weeks

After 5 years at Target I was offered a job I couldn't say no too. I'm excited to start but am very emotional about leaving here. It feels like an end of an era for me and I guess it kinda is. I was 24 when I started and I'm now 29 and can hardly recognize the person I was 5 years ago. So many life changes; bad and good happened for me while I worked here. I got to meet so many people some cool and some not so cool. I made some really good friends as well. As strange as it sounds working there felt like I truly belonged somewhere for the first time in my life. I was well liked and hung out with a lot of people in all different departments. I finally came out of my shell.

I know I have to move on eventually and I'm lucky to look back fondly but goddamn the next few days will be emotional.

After 5 years at Target I was offered a job I couldn't say no too. I'm excited to start but am very emotional about leaving here. It feels like an end of an era for me and I guess it kinda is. I was 24 when I started and I'm now 29 and can hardly recognize the person I was 5 years ago. So many life changes; bad and good happened for me while I worked here. I got to meet so many people some cool and some not so cool. I made some really good friends as well. As strange as it sounds working there felt like I truly belonged somewhere for the first time in my life. I was well liked and hung out with a lot of people in all different departments. I finally came out of my shell.

I know I have to move on eventually and I'm lucky to look back fondly but goddamn the next few days will be emotional.
I feel you, Target helped me become the person I am today. Even though my store is going downhill I can't forget what it used to be. I also came out of my shell. Next week is my last week and gosh darn it I'm going to be feeling all the feels.

I understand you joining to say good-bye. We are made to feel afraid to ‘be found out’ by our stores for participating here.

Congratulations for having a great opportunity, growing as a person in the last 5 years And not being afraid to move on. I’m happy for you that Target was a positive experience. Regret is unnecessary. Walk forward and don’t look back. In many situations people like to leave while “they are still on top”, it would be a shame to stay with Target and have situations turn sour and not have the fond memories of your time here.

If you really miss it - try a few hours as a seasonal 4th quarter to keep the contacts.

Best of luck.

Back