Archived Black Friday... do I just ring the doorbell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't scheduled to open Black Friday until yesterday, and... I'm scheduled for 11:45pm. Am I just supposed to go through the side door (the door I usually use when opening on a normal day)? I'm really worried I'm going to get there and there will be a huge crowd that I won't be able to get through.

The crowd of people should be restrained by barriers on one side of the entrance (the side farther away from the side of the building). The side door is on the other side of the entrance, so you should be able to get in just fine. And you'll only need to ring the doorbell if no one is there to let you in.

Your AP Team as well as "Crowd Control" should already be there and outside, the door you usually come in and ring should be open but if not just ring like normal! ;)

I was wondering this myself... I've never opened for BF before (always worked the mid shift). Our store doesn't use the office entrance (nobody there to staff it?) and we just go in the regular doors, where the ETL/TL unlocks the door for us. I'm going to venture a guess and say there will be someone there to let us in, and not the guests, at the main door...

I was wondering this myself... I've never opened for BF before (always worked the mid shift). Our store doesn't use the office entrance (nobody there to staff it?) and we just go in the regular doors, where the ETL/TL unlocks the door for us. I'm going to venture a guess and say there will be someone there to let us in, and not the guests, at the main door...

same at our store, they didnt tell anyone what door to use. But we are using our receiving vendor door at the rear of the store. 90% of the team will have no idea how to get in

PPPLTCF (Pi ss Poor Planning Leads To Cluster F ... well you get the drift)
Funny how something as simple as which door to come in should be covered but nobody thinks about.
We discovered that nobody had thought about who was going to handle ad takedown and when, so there was an hour of stops and starts this morning.

At our store, they hold the line back from the front foyer. AP, crowd control, and our STL are always outside patrolling the line, and our STL always unlocks the door and lets us in as we arrive. They took our TSC door out years ago. Now it's just a standard fire door.

At out store it will be through the front,it will be well manned and very secure,I can not imagine going in through our receiving door,very dark,bad area not nice and no parking at the back of the store.

At my store, is the door at tsc. Or you can call your store before you get out of your car & asked the lod on where to enter from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back