Archived Black Friday Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a great schedule I got. Working 1130pm-0800am Wednesday night, 0800pm-0500am Thursday night.

15hrs for entirety of Thanksgiving week. Never mind that we've been making sales, and even going 10k+ over. Or that it's getting into the holidays. -eyeroll-

That's about what I was scheduled last year and I managed to turn it into 75!!!!

Thurs/Fri - 11:40pm-7am Cashier... I am normally a Backroom/Instocks TM, and I've only cashiered twice in my 3 years there. This is going to be interesting! Not gonna lie, kinda nervous about it, but excited to see the madness first-hand for the first time (I've always worked the BR Day 11-7:30 shift on BF).

Sat - 2:30-11am Backroom

Sun - Off (yay!)

Sleep schedule will be totally thrown off that weekend, but hey, it's extra money! (This is my 2nd job after all...)

Yep that is the one I was speaking of. It's funny how he thinks getting a petition to ask Target to change their hrs will change everything. Please...... Yes it stinks for some of us but we gotta suck it up and realize it is one day one day out of the year where we have to change our routine a bit.

I just had orientation yesterday. I will have 2 days on cashier and 2 days in electronics before black friday so they put me on cashier in electronics lol not sure what to expect.

12:00am-8:15am sales floor. HR made it very clear no one is going to be allowed to clock in to avoid any holiday pay minutes. They will be clocking in every team member manually. However we are being required to be in the building by 11:45pm...

12:00am-8:15am sales floor. HR made it very clear no one is going to be allowed to clock in to avoid any holiday pay minutes. They will be clocking in every team member manually. However we are being required to be in the building by 11:45pm...
That is not allowed. If they are REQUIRING you to be in the building, you need to be paid while there.

That is not allowed. If they are REQUIRING you to be in the building, you need to be paid while there.

i second this. it is business fraud (or something) & against the laws in any state if they don't allow you to clock in when you are required to be there.

I lucked out this year. I basically get half the day off on BF. I come in from 6 pm to 11:30 pm. I am scheduled a total of 36 hours for the week!

The store's payroll isn't effected by the clocking in early and getting hit with holiday pay. Each store is given plenty (more then enough) hours for the most part, more then what we can staff, so the payroll is there. All of our cashiers are scheduled at 11:55 PM so they can clock in 5 minutes early (11:50) and get to their areas and get a brief rundown by their TL for the morning. All other SF and Elec openers are scheduled 11:45 PM in order to make sure they are in their areas and know where everything is.

If your store wants you there at 11:45 PM and are going to start you guys then you need to talk to your TL/ETL:HR or STL and find out what the deal is. And if the HR team expects to be hand-keying in employees in Punch Corrections they are going to be in for a rude awakening when the DTL comes down on the ETL:HR and STL for doing something that stupid. You CANNOT work off the clock per labor laws and Target policy.

If anything, call Integrity about it and hopefully they can get the word down the grapevine to your DTL before they do something that stupid.

:)

That is against many Target policies and government regulations. Call integrity asap.

Wed. 9:00 pm to 4:00 am for adset
BF 11:00 pm to 8:00am doing crowd control

5 hours of holiday, a couple of hours to see my family and have dinner.

I'm logistic's and I'm being trained for cashier on BF! My schedule is 2:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.

I am working 11:45pm(Thur)-8:15am. I was told today that I would be running the toy department. I was hoping to work in housewares and domestics, as it is less hectic there. I guess a day away from price changes is nice.

Also was told that Target is paying for an city police officer to man the front doors. This is a first, but I think they are planning for the worst and hoping for the best.

Also was told that Target is paying for an city police officer to man the front doors. This is a first, but I think they are planning for the worst and hoping for the best.

My ULV store is going to have FIVE officers in uniform in the store on BF: one at each door, two roaming the store, and one near the electronics boat.

We're a lower volume store and we've always had officers in the store. They're usually by electronics.
We've never had any trouble at our store...not sure if it is the police presence, the fact that our AP guy is over 6 feet tall, our crowd control is good, or that our guests have been well behaved. It is probably a bit of each, but having officers in the store does help.

I dont work at Target anymore but the store I do work at my shift will be 6am-9pm... w00h00! xD

I don't work at Target anymore either and my schedule is 5 p.m. Thursday to 2 a.m. Friday and then again 10 p.m. Friday to 7 a.m. Saturday (normal shift). We also are going to have police in the store.
Should be fun times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back