Black Friday

Interesting that Google Home and Alexa are different prices this year. Google is really trying to take the competition. As they should.
In assuming it has something to do with the nest mini and the home mini both being available through this holiday season then they’ll only sell the nest mini

Interesting that Google Home and Alexa are different prices this year. Google is really trying to take the competition. As they should.
They were literally giving away free Home Minis to Spotify premium members, they’re pushing hard for marketshare.

I am staring at 65 inch element with Roku for 280.00.

Honestly, there's nothing inherently wrong with a "smart" tv, but in my opinion, your better off with a regular set or decent set (with extended warranty) and using a steaming device or stick. I know several people with Vizio's and Samsung's who have purchased within the past 5 years, and can't access YouTube anymore, or any of the newer streaming apps. The TV Manufacturers stop providing updates to the firmware very quickly, if they update it at all.

Just something to keep in mind.

Honestly, there's nothing inherently wrong with a "smart" tv, but in my opinion, your better off with a regular set or decent set (with extended warranty) and using a steaming device or stick. I know several people with Vizio's and Samsung's who have purchased within the past 5 years, and can't access YouTube anymore, or any of the newer streaming apps. The TV Manufacturers stop providing updates to the firmware very quickly, if they update it at all.

Just something to keep in mind.
Or in some cases they do update the firmware, to give you ads on your TV's menu or to send data of what you watch to their servers.

Honestly. My mind wasn't fairly blown, the only thing that caught my eye was

The Amazon Alexa Show for $49.99 (which is currently $59 on Amazon) -- I've been wanting some sort of Alarm Clock / Clock for my night stand and this could fit the bill. I would prefer something Art Deco or Mid Century Modern -- but, I find the design of this kinda enchanting.

The other thing that sorta grabbed my attention was the fake christmas trees. I wouldn't mind getting a spare since ours is probably broken beyond repair.

Real oldtimers will actually remember when Target had true loss leaders. Now, it's more about volume, and the stuff is kinda made for the discount.

Why's that, is there some reason they want to get rid of it?
The Google nest mini is the newer version with a nicer speaker and they probably still wanted to sell something for $19 through the holidays. Typically the more cheap devices they sell, the more likely someone is to buy the more expensive ones and expand. Or they just have a ton of the home minis left and want to sell them

An Xbox for $199 with a game is nothing to sneeze at. That'll sell. Quickly.

Went through the ad and saved about a dozen things to my list. Maybe not holy fuck balls I can't believe how cheap that is, but a sale is a sale. I'm looking forward to getting some stuff I want and knocking out my Christmas shopping that weekend.

PS4 with 3 games for the same price will sell much faster. Especially considering the PS4 already roughly sells 2.5 consoles per 1 Xbox One purchased.

PS4 with 3 games for the same price will sell much faster. Especially considering the PS4 already roughly sells 2.5 consoles per 1 Xbox One purchased.

True. I missed the PS4 deal when I looked at the ad the first time. I'd guess they are both likely to sell out before stores open on Thanksgiving to flex unless Spot limits online orders to preserve store inventory, in which case they'll be gone within in ahour or two of opening.

True. I missed the PS4 deal when I looked at the ad the first time. I'd guess they are both likely to sell out before stores open on Thanksgiving to flex unless Spot limits online orders to preserve store inventory, in which case they'll be gone within in ahour or two of opening.
If you get a chance read guide 2 that was posted yesterday. I forget the exact verbiage but it basically said they’re limiting orders for 2 day items that could result in a INF... we’ll see how well it goes haha

Does anyone know where the Starbucks hours for Thanksgiving (not Black Friday) are posted?
Food service hours should be listed on the Black Friday page. I know you’re looking for Thanksgiving but they list all things thanksgivings and Black Friday together. If there aren’t special hours listed there then you’re open the entire time from 5pm-1am.

I am staring at 65 inch element with Roku for 280.00.
I’d stay away from Element. I had a guest a couple weeks ago return an element tv that game with a faulty screen, then got it exchanged. They actually tested the new one at guest service, which was smart because that one also had a faulty screen.

It’s a little more, but the 65 inch TCL Roku should have better quality control.

My local news station announced to everyone that Target will be open 5am to 1am for Thanksgiving Day 😂😂 nope.

Last edited:
Yeah exactly. And Target could discount it if they want, they would just take more of a loss on the sales. But I think increased foot traffic would make up for it.

But yeah, take any popular product like a Nintendo switch, slash the price to $199.

The echo deal looks good though, $59 for that ain’t bad.
Nintendo isn't selling the Switch at a lower price because they'll end up losing money due to manufacturing cost being just a tiny bit lower than the MSRP (Around $20?). The worst part about the sale is that the model they're putting out is the older model with the less efficent Tegra X1 chip, so the battery is worst. Guess they got to get rid of them somehow.
Honestly, what disappoints me about this sale is Best Buy has WAY better movie deals. Endgame and Captain Marvel's Blu Ray are both $7.99 iirc for example, with many other Disney movies at that price.

Did the store open at 5 pm Thanksgiving Day last year too? I thought it was later or maybe the store closed earlier? Like midnight?

Back