Archived Black Thursday/Friday 2016 War Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flexible Fulfillment got hit hard on Saturday with that 30% off toys deal. By the time I left at noon, there had been over 200 SFS orders and at least 80 SPUs.

I didn't work Sunday but I heard it was a rough morning. There were another 40 SPUs in the gun and only 1 FFTM at 4am, so they spent most of the morning doing that.
There was also only 1 BRTM at 4am, who had to pull 16 hours of autofills. Toys alone was 2 full pallets and 2 full tubs. Another BRTM came in at 8 and they still didn't finish pulling until after the 4am TM came back from lunch. We had like 10 people in Hardlines though...

Woman wanted a backpack pulled, fine. Two people different people wanted 65 inch Samsungs, which I couldn't even pull myself because it was stowed on a pallet 15 feet in the air, less fine. But okay, cool guy backroom TM is willing to pull all three.

This takes time. like me, backroom is busy busy, so people all just need patience. Everyone is fine with that when I explain it.

What's not fine is the one backpack woman who decides about a minute after I explain it, that she really needs hers first because she's in a hurry.

Hmm, you came here AFTER the two guests who want TVs, so that would not only be rude to them to let you cut ahead, but also, consider that perhaps Target is reaaaaally trying to sell TVs and your $20 backpack might be a sliiiightly lower priority than the $1000 plus TV sale from the two people who were here before you.

Yes, please do use the guest relations number, call corporate. No, I'm not gonna call my manager over this tomfoolery, I told you shes line queing at the front right now, she's also busy and it would waste far too much
of her time to come all the way over here and explain the same thing to you. Yes, please do complain about me by name, she will side with me, so I genuinely don't care.

Right after she stomps out, her backpack gets brought out. Patience is a virtue miss.

This is my first Black Friday for this new store I'm currently at, but I have done Black Fridays before. Anyway, finding storage space for a lot of our bulk items have really been a challenge as large tv's, pet food and paper towels and bathroom tissues have been coming in drones.

I don't even want to think about how bad Thursday and Friday will be. We only have two GSAs no gstl no ap a shit ton of slow cashiers and but we do have 3 cart attendants so we have that going for us I guess

I don't know how it's going to go this year. We are down so many people. ETL AP, and a TPS left the company. ETL GS is on leave because pregnant. Two TLs were just fired. We already had incidences last week. Two pushouts, and a couple that got away with buying $100 breast pumps for like $6 each because they taped a different barcode over the original... How the cashier and GSA missed that is beyond me. I'm just happy I'm doing SFS.

This isn't my 1st black Friday. However I wont lie, Im nervous for Thursday but I also don't put up with anyone's shenanigans.

I will keep your store in mind if I ever start feeling sorry for myself this weekend. Holy. Crap.
Yea the plan is we both open. The one gsa goes home at 2 and I work till 11am then I get to go home they come in at 11 till close. But I have to come back at 8 till 12 to train a new TM.

I'm SFS this whole week and I can tell you we all dread having to pick off the floor. I've had a guest try to take a toy I already picked for an order pick up that was the last one and let's just say she was more than pissed. She went so far as to offer me money for it. We keep urging our pickers to stick with their carts at all times because of how crazy people get.

I also had a lady try to buy all 10 of a collapsible table and wanted me to pull them from the back room for her. I told her the limit is 4 since we are trying to save for other guests and they're on sale. She put up a fuss that I didn't have time for so I just handed her off to a new ETL we got and she ended up letting her take 8 of them. Apparently her friend just so happened to want some too. God, what a time to not have a backbone. At least now I know who I won't call to guest service when needing help with a guest.

This is my first Black Friday for this new store I'm currently at, but I have done Black Fridays before. Anyway, finding storage space for a lot of our bulk items have really been a challenge as large tv's, pet food and paper towels and bathroom tissues have been coming in drones.
We've been managing by constantly purging and condensing pipo water, pets, and paper, and by stacking pallets as high as possible. Most of our TVs are stacked 2 high (smaller ones are 3 high) and full pallet-sized shippers are double stacked.

Been doing prep work for the past week, it feels like our store is very unprepared for 2day. Thank you to whoever decided to just throw out all the endcap plans and just put whatever up anywhere as long as it's single price point.

What's the point of all the salesplanners and grids and store maps if on a whim some random district person says boo and all the store leadership lose their minds?

we had 60 SPU orders come in between 9 and 10 pm saturday night (closing time) and we're an ULV store....we're gonna die Thursday.

having a newbie do detrash and make pallets of things who has no idea how to stack a pallet. Yeah that was fun to watch it fall over and show him how to restack it. Repeat for the other three people who were assigned to this job. And all of this detrash was to happen just today. It didn't get finished so as it sells we can just pull more on the fly.. Oh fuck that is so not going to work. Shippers not prepped most still in boxes not ready to go.

POG TL in charge of moving product to the floor BThursday and basically "we have it handled" is all she says to any questions.

It's going to be a clusterfuck. And I am in the TV shop for Thursday at open.. Kill me now..

I don't even want to think about how bad Thursday and Friday will be. We only have two GSAs no gstl no ap a shit ton of slow cashiers and but we do have 3 cart attendants so we have that going for us I guess
Holy hell. I'd run crying and screaming if that was my store. My condolences.

I know we are fucked when our dtl, Hrbp, apbp, the lead investigator and a couple people I don't recognize but I'm guessing are part of the district team have visited our store 3 times in the last month. And of course we were busy yesterday when they visit again.

The best is 'be your own business owners but don't but pallets of this or that out' i have a million our generation horses and crap. Shelf holds 2 with it being in only 2 locations so total of 4 can fit out. my 'business' side says get on a pallet in girls!
Told my etl that sales would cure any potential scolding if dtl dropped by.

For how much the our generation stuff sold this weekend, im sure it will sell for BOGO 50% off..

On another note..I'm glad the early access stuff is on cartwheel, unlike last year when I had to tell the ETL SF/GE at 715 and I was the one that to print out signs for the entire store for that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back