Archived Books

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MM1MM2

I've been purging the backroom of books that are NOP with no future set date and all old discontinued books that didn't go back on MIRS for some reason. I also push the majority of books now due to not having as much to do as far as revisions and maintenance since my department got smaller and e2e. What I've noticed in my adventures is that they like to send me a lot of books I don't carry and will never carry on POG and also books that I know for a fact were sent back on MIRs because I did them. Anyone else have this issue and what did you do to combat it? My only option right now is I'm not going to backstock something I don't carry and won't be carrying in the near future and I'm just going to put it to the side to be sent back. Yes, I've tried My Support. Per usual, not much help other than "we'll research this to see what it keeps happening?"

Discontinued Movies, Music and Books should stay and rot in the backroom until an MIR or a Entertainment Return scan pulls them out. Those are the two major ways that MMB Discontinued gets removed backroom. if the books are on the floor your receiver will be cursing your first born when they have to go hunt them down for an MIR. the movies if they are on the floor will never go anywhere as the return scan just takes care of the backroom, as long as they are located that is.

but then again my place is not your place and Target is the greatest place.

Discontinued Movies, Music and Books should stay and rot in the backroom until an MIR or a Entertainment Return scan pulls them out. Those are the two major ways that MMB Discontinued gets removed backroom. if the books are on the floor your receiver will be cursing your first born when they have to go hunt them down for an MIR. the movies if they are on the floor will never go anywhere as the return scan just takes care of the backroom, as long as they are located that is.

but then again my place is not your place and Target is the greatest place.
Not all books go back on MIR which is why they have me currently purging the books. I do all MIRS and we are usually 100% or close to it when it comes to books. The receiver at my store does not do the MIRs. I am trying to figure out a better process than me purging them or backstocking books that come in with no planogram attached and just having it sit there and take up space.

We got some mirs. We are still trying..
Good luck! I'm purging them and having the receiving send them back. Flow team members use to do it many moons ago, but then stopped after ETL Logistic changes and books literally just sat back there for years taking up space and never being put on an MIR. One of our BPs told the current backroom TL to have me purge them and get rid of anything that did not go back on an MIR. I've dropped off at least 4 carts to my receiver in the past month, I have to do it when I have extra time during my shifts, and will probably be dropping off at least 1 more. The way I have it set up now it should be easy for me to monitor what is coming in and out and how long product sits in the wacos. Anything I take off planogram that is not on a current MIR I put up high and away from the active books. If it doesn't go back after a month, then I'm just going to give it to the receiver to send back. I am also refusing to backstock anything that comes in that was on a previous MIR or shows up with no future planogram. It's pointless to hold onto product that is not going to go clearance or see the light of day.

I can't wait to see if I ever get a response for my My Support other than "We'll look into it!"

I do all MIRS and we are usually 100% or close to it when it comes to books. The receiver at my store does not do the MIRs.
How the hell did your receiver get that gig? Pulling MIRs is by far my least favorite part of receiving.

How the hell did your receiver get that gig? Pulling MIRs is by far my least favorite part of receiving.
No idea. In the 10 years I've been at this store MIRs have never been her task. She does the recalls that have to be done asap and that's it.

Easy , my support and ask for vendor credit.
Wish it was that easy. I'm the original poster. I my supported it and they said they take back only Readerlink. We send them only Readerlink. About a week later they send the same books back and they just sit on the backroom. Because I feel Target is going to shit at least my store, I'm not that invested in it anymore. The electronics team lead, backroom leader, or etl logistics can look into it. I've done all I can.

You could mark them, as is. That is what we did before inventory.
With my old team lead she would have someone do that with video games and miscellaneous stuff. Now with the new one we have two overflowing endcaps with old stuff at regular price. I stopped doing my team leads job two team leads ago. If they don't figure something out, oh well. It's tiring pulling more weight than everyone else.

We have a ton of NOP/D-Code books, movies and video games in our BR. I have been hoping that MIRs would send some of them back, but no such luck with most of them. It is driving me crazy because they just sit there and since they don't have a location they will never sell. My ETL has offered no good solution with dealing with them. But I know the second they decided to send them to the floor a freaking MIR will drop and I won't be able to find them since they won't be tied.

At my store, we have come up with a solution for at least the movies and the books. For the movies, we flex all the decode into the sporting goods TWall, they seem to do reasonably well over there.

For the video ganes, we condensed the dual locations for thd video game card pegs above the games, and we added a single four foot gray shelf above the games for each console. We case each game, print a shelf label and put it in the case with the game, and represent all the nop and decode games that way. It really helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back