Archived Boosting NPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

HRZone

Former ETL HR
Our gstl who is amazing is getting unfairly thrown under the bus for our low NPS score recently.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what you do or did to boost your scores. We have stressed to people on the floor that it starts with their interaction there.

Lowest in the group, can’t help you out!

I blame your clientele. I remember I was at the mall across the street on black Friday a couple years ago and someone got shot over a pair of Jordan's

Honestly I found that the problem is only people with negative experiences actively seek a way to voice their opinion. I'm constantly sought out by guest telling me this team member was great. Problem is telling me isn't enough, spot needs to know.

We tested out simply circling the survey option on their receipt. I don't urge cashier to tell the guest "please fill out this blah blah", I leave it up to the guest but the subtle circling helps bring attention to it. Our NPS score went up when we started doing this.

Another thing is to be upfront with the team. I blatantly told my team that unfortunately due to the NPS system we're operating at a disadvantage. Try your best to refrain from making things even remotely difficult. Even when guest is in the wrong but they're not doing anything crazy like scamming, just take care of it in a way that it turns out positive.

You really have to pick your battles these days. Upholding policies doesn't even matter anymore, because one little complaint and everyone is up in arms.

So I would say make it more apparent for the guest, and encourage your team to "be bold" (old term). Last point would be to identify the trends. What are most of the guest complaining about? Address that specific thing. At one point our major issue was order pickup. We altered the schedule and partnered with the FF team to make sure communication is clear whenever we have an issue.

P.S share the complaints with the entire leadership in the building so you can get their partnership.

Honestly I found that the problem is only people with negative experiences actively seek a way to voice their opinion. I'm constantly sought out by guest telling me this team member was great. Problem is telling me isn't enough, spot needs to know.

Bingo. And, seriously, NPS is the biggest scam out there. My day job company does the NPS surveys, too. Not sure if they send them to customers, but they do them for employees. Twice a year they do the survey. Twice a year they send out the results. Twice a year they ask for volunteers to discuss the results and what to do about them. Twice a year nothing changes.

NPS surveys for guests are even more useless, because rarely is there anything Target or the store can do, or that corporate would ever really even be willing to do, to improve the scores. Either the guest was just a PITA or having a bad day or the store really has serious issues with A, B, or C but fixing those things would be HAAAAAARD so it's easier just to make GSTLs miserable over something they fundamentally can't control.

My STL told us in huddle today that they were going to get rid of NPS and put more emphasis on the category scores.

If this is true the front end will breathe a collective sigh of relief.

My STL told us in huddle today that they were going to get rid of NPS and put more emphasis on the category scores.

If this is true the front end will breathe a collective sigh of relief.

NPS score is going away and the focus is going to be on individual surveys. Still a pain and possiblity more so.

Have to add to the circling/ highlighting idea it always sends our scores soaring and as soon as we stop scores plumet again. Dont mentiona gift card or sell it like that be genuine. I get alot more surveys telling people we are trying to improve and would love to hear feedback on how we are doing.

The guests who give you compliments on great service are the ones you want to fill out surveys. "I appreciate you feedback about how great your shopping visit was but you can give our store the appropriate recognition it deserves by filling out this survey. Just a few questions and you get entered to win a gift card"

I wonder if they added a brief survey to the card reader kinda like some grocery stores (Safeway comes to mind) that ask if you want to donate to a cause before you even start paying. Maybe Target could insert a survey into a transaction before the sale finishes. It wouldn't be with every guest/transaction though so guests get tired of it....just maybe every 10 guests. But then people might actually fill it out rather than waiting until home when they 9/10 forget.

Just spitballing.....

What I like to do is print the main page with all the category scores for the week and show it to my front end team. By doing this weekly, the team is able to see if our purchase score is improving or declining. Also, I like to print positive and negative feedback from guests and show it to my team so we can see what areas we can work on such as long lines, not so friendly cashiers, dirty restrooms, etc. Also, I am able to recognize my cashiers if they get a positive survey but also have conversations with my cashiers who get negative feedback so everyone is held accountable for their guest service. My store went from the lowest in the district to the highest in a couple months. Hope this helps and I hope your scores improve :)

I wonder if they added a brief survey to the card reader kinda like some grocery stores (Safeway comes to mind) that ask if you want to donate to a cause before you even start paying. Maybe Target could insert a survey into a transaction before the sale finishes. It wouldn't be with every guest/transaction though so guests get tired of it....just maybe every 10 guests. But then people might actually fill it out rather than waiting until home when they 9/10 forget.

Just spitballing.....

Wouldn't work. If one guest that spends $40 doesn't like it......at 1800 stores that's 72k lost.

Well you would have the option to say yes or no before the survey started. Plus it would just be something super simple like "please rate your experience at Target Store XXXX today....1 for poor, 5 for excellent." Click the corresponding button and boom, done.

Well you would have the option to say yes or no before the survey started. Plus it would just be something super simple like "please rate your experience at Target Store XXXX today....1 for poor, 5 for excellent." Click the corresponding button and boom, done.

However, that doesn't give credit for what we are doing right, or show us what area(s) we need to improve.

Have to add to the circling/ highlighting idea it always sends our scores soaring and as soon as we stop scores plumet again. Dont mentiona gift card or sell it like that be genuine. I get alot more surveys telling people we are trying to improve and would love to hear feedback on how we are doing.
This is about verbatim what I was going to write. Be simple and genuine: "if you have a chance, we would love to know how you think we are doing with this survey!" Circle and smile. Scores jump through the roof.

The really happy guests will try to speak to the store manager to recognize a TM. Nice but they're not always available and it means jack squat in corporate's book. I always thank the guest and will offer to give them the in-store paper surveys but I stress that if they want the store manager and his manager to see the recognition then I'd appreciate it if they filled out the online survey. Works 99% of the time.

I've also started carrying my business cards around and I take every opp to really help a guest, ask them to fill out a survey, and give them my card so they'll remember my name.

If I happen to remember a guest on their next visit I'll be sure to ask them how their purchases turned out on the last trip.

Definitely have your cashier circle the survey. Also if it's slow at the service desk, give a TM the ipad and ask the guest if they'd like to fill it out in-store. You'll have to clear the cookies after each survey. Ask you GE if you can give out their emil to every OPU guest. Print a slip of paper than encourages the guest to email the GE directly if there was a problem with the order. Keeps the upset guests off the survey and you can re-direct happy guests to the survey if they reach out to you too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back