Brand New To BreakPack, Any Tips Or Advice That Any Of You Can Give Me?

Hello Everyone! brand new to the website, and now brand new to breakpack; just a little context I Started off in the packing department tt my DC, went from packing for 6 months to feeding; for the remaining time until this point in my job change, being in that department I never would have known that my DC was huge I always thought when I walked in it was just the packing department and that's it. but I was sadly mistaken lol! I started this new job change of departments sunday July 3rd and so far what I know now about Breakpack is very easy, verbally explainning but actually performing my first task driving the equipment for the first time ever for the past two days was quite the experience .... In the best way possible, I have NEVER been on any warehouse operational equipment, but learning the Cherry Picker was a bit challenging when it came to learning it in general but as I continue to do it and drive it, got easier and easier, I got certified on that 2nd night which I didn't think it would happen being I Was so nervous to perform well. So anyway I am hella excited for the new journey I will be on; so to you all of those that's been in Breakpack and who have been on the Cherry Picker, what advice and or tips you can give me being for someone who is Brand New LOL (Besides The Safety Talk) I Fully Understand This ... LOL Trust Me. But Any Other Advice Experience Was And What You Have Learned To Do And Your Personal Experience Would Be Great To Read!

(I Don't Know What It Means To List Your Codes - SideNote)

Last edited:
Come to work, do your job, you’ll Be fine. You’re not brand new, you’ve been with Target long enough to understand how things work with this company.

Hello EveryOne.
Brand New To The Website And Now Brand New To BreakPack, (Just A Little Context) I Started Off In The Packing Department At My DC, Went From Packing For 6 Months To Feeding For The Remaining Time Up Until This Point In My Job Change, Being In That Department I Never Would Have Known That My DC Was HUGE I Always Thought When I Walked In It Was JUST The Packing Department And Thats It, But I Was Sadly Mistaken LOL! I Started This New Job Change Of Departments Sunday July 3rd And So Far What I Know Now About Breakpack is Very Easy, Verbally Explainning But Actually Performing My First Task And Driving The Equipment For The First Time Ever For The Past Two Days Was Quite The Experience .... In The Best Way Possible, I HAVE NEVER Been Any WareHouse Operational Equipment, But Learning The Cherry Picker Was A Bit Challenging When It Came To Learning It In General But As I Continue To Do It And Drive It, Got Easier And Easier, I Got Certified On That 2nd Night Which I Didn't Think It Would Happen Being I Was So Nervous To Perform Well. So Anyway I Am Hella Excited For The New Journey I Will Be On, So To You All For Those Thats Been In Breakpack And Who Have Been On The Cherry Picker, What Advice And Or Tips You Can Give Me Being For SomeOne Who Is Brand New LOL (Besides The Safety Talk) I Fully Understand This ... LOL Trust Me. But Any Other Advice Experience Was And What You Have Learned To Do And Your Personal Experience Would Be Great To Read!

(I Don't Know What It Means To List Your Codes - SideNote)

HOLY WALL OF TEXT BATMAN!!!
Dude, that is just exhausting to read.
Why are you capitalizing every word?
Or no paragraph breaks?
Or proper punctuation of any kind?
If you are asking for advice you want to make your request as easy to read and understandable as possible.
Not looking for a dissertation, just something that doesn't look like a text from that one friend who you wish would just stop.

Or no paragraph breaks?
If you are asking for advice you want to make your request as easy to read and understandable as possible.
Not looking for a dissertation, just something that doesn't look like a text from that one friend who you wish would just stop.
Don't Focus On So Much The Way I Type But Please Focus On What I Am Saying And What I Am Asking For And Advice Wise Bruh, Thank You, Have A Great Day

Don't Focus On So Much The Way I Type But Please Focus On What I Am Saying And What I Am Asking For And Advice Wise Bruh, Thank You, Have A Great Day

Dude, if trying to read your post is super annoying you aren't going to get much help.
You've had a few very generic responses to that mess because people just don't want to dig through it.
If you went to the trouble of making it understandable and quick to absorb, you would have had a lot of responses by now.
Don't shoot the messenger.
Listen to the message.

Or no paragraph breaks?
Dude, if trying to read your post is super annoying you aren't going to get much help.
You've had a few very generic responses to that mess because people just don't want to dig through it.
If you went to the trouble of making it understandable and quick to absorb, you would have had a lot of responses by now.
Don't shoot the messenger.
Listen to the message.
The post Is Fixed

The post Is Fixed

Nice, much more readable.
Although as someone who has a tendency to write stupidly long posts myself, if there is an action item or a question it can be helpful to repeat it on a separate line.
Keeping it short and punchy also helps.
A lot of people are skimming the site when they are on break etc.
If you want them to write a response, you need to make your post easy to process.

Do something like:
tl;dr So, everyone who has worked Breakpack or on Cherry Picker, what advice and or tips you can give me?

Last edited:
I can almost understand the post now.

I was an MBP OM for a bit. I really just needed 3 things from my team.

1.) Show up - obviously call ins and things happen but you'd be surprised how hard this is for some people

2.) Try your best - I don't need 120% every day. I also know 100% isn't going to happen every day. Just don't give me 50 every day and say "the freights bad"

3.) Don't be a jerk - this seems like common sense but too many people can't act like adults and make dumb little high school drama this big massive deal. We move boxes for a living we're not rescuing orphans from a warzone. At the end of the the day its not that big a deal.

I can almost understand the post now.

I was an MBP OM for a bit. I really just needed 3 things from my team.

1.) Show up - obviously call ins and things happen but you'd be surprised how hard this is for some people

2.) Try your best - I don't need 120% every day. I also know 100% isn't going to happen every day. Just don't give me 50 every day and say "the freights bad"

3.) Don't be a jerk - this seems like common sense but too many people can't act like adults and make dumb little high school drama this big massive deal. We move boxes for a living we're not rescuing orphans from a warzone. At the end of the the day its not that big a deal.
Great leadership tactics.

Last edited:
Make sure the boxes aren’t overweight or else they break apart when lifting from extendo in trailer when building into walls. If you get packing tape or damage a labels barcode just the slightest it will not pass through the mezz on the first round. I’m not that familiar with that department as I have only been flexed out there a handful of times.

Last edited:
Back