Archived breaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many breaks for a 10 hour shift? (Yes that’s the correct length I’m scheduled for. - it’s a one time thing)

How many breaks for a 10 hour shift? (Yes that’s the correct length I’m scheduled for. - it’s a one time thing)

Depends on your state. Check with the signs in TMSC

Mine is 3 15s and two meals unless you time it perfectly and are right under 10 hours

It can vary between states, to be on the safe side I'd consult with a team lead prior to starting the shift. 2 15s and a 30 here.

I'm in a 5 hour lunch state. The 5 hour clock resets when you come back on the clock from meal. So when I've worked a 10 hour shift (usually by picking up extra hours from someone calling off), TL asks me to wait for my meal until the first alert (at 4:45 from start time), and then to ensure that I'm off the clock for the day before 5 hours past my return. So for example, start at 12:00, meal 4:45-5:15, off for the night by 10:10 to avoid a compliance violation.

@SmilesWI - I found it for you! :)

Here is the information straight from the Team Member Handbook:

Meal Period Requirement.jpg

Rest Break Requirements.jpg

For the Rest Break Requirements: Find your state (if not listed, then see "All other states"). The first bullet point in the middle box corresponds with the first bullet point in the right box. Same idea for the second and third bullet points.

What @HRZone said about looking at what is posted in TMSC is a definitely a great way to find out as well.

My store is a 6 hour store but pushes you to take it by 5....I had “lunch” at 2:55 am lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back