Archived Bring Z-racks back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sneakerfreak

Softlines TM
Has anyone else's store gotten rid of the z rack in the fitting room? Corporate has asked us to get rid of the z-rack and replace it with multiple shopping carts. But of course, the z rack can hold a lot more clothes while taking up much less space. With this new system, we have several shopping carts of abandons crowding around the fitting room and it looks ridiculous. Not to mention that guests also leave their carts outside the fitting room as well. Every single guest that comes out of the fitting room is confused about where they're supposed to put the clothes they don't want, and we have to keep saying: "Yep, there's no rack. Just throw it in the cart." Sometimes we can't remember which cart is which and we accidentally sort through one that belongs to a guest and then they get pissed. Couldn't we at least have shopping carts that say "team member use only" or are painted a different color or something? There are so many reasons why this doesn't make sense. Any ideas on how to work around this?

That's impossible. Where do guests put their clothes?

In your awaiting hands !!!! ( and, no..... I'm not kidding!)

My store is just like @SpilledTea store. No Z-rack, no carts. We have a desk, which should always look Brand..... it's only for a quick sort/hang. Then the merch is staged in an itty-bitty closet for about 5 minutes MAX. Then, if all goes well, a TM will magically appear and grab the go-backs (reshop). ALL.DAY.LONG.

My store is just like @SpilledTea store. No Z-rack, no carts. We have a desk, which should always look Brand..... it's only for a quick sort/hang. Then the merch is staged in an itty-bitty closet for about 5 minutes MAX. Then, if all goes well, a TM will magically appear and grab the go-backs (reshop). ALL.DAY.LONG.

Well that's interesting! But it makes more sense for the clothes to be in a closet than in a bunch of shopping carts. Our ETL told us we would get some racks in the closet but so far it hasn't happened. I could see something like this working as long as there are enough people scheduled in softlines (which I'm sure there aren't).

We can't even use our closet.

Has anyone else's store gotten rid of the z rack in the fitting room? Corporate has asked us to get rid of the z-rack and replace it with multiple shopping carts. But of course, the z rack can hold a lot more clothes while taking up much less space. With this new system, we have several shopping carts of abandons crowding around the fitting room and it looks ridiculous. Not to mention that guests also leave their carts outside the fitting room as well. Every single guest that comes out of the fitting room is confused about where they're supposed to put the clothes they don't want, and we have to keep saying: "Yep, there's no rack. Just throw it in the cart." Sometimes we can't remember which cart is which and we accidentally sort through one that belongs to a guest and then they get pissed. Couldn't we at least have shopping carts that say "team member use only" or are painted a different color or something? There are so many reasons why this doesn't make sense. Any ideas on how to work around this?

Wait, I thought we weren't allowed to use Carts anymore? Even Pricing. (We were told this off and on for the last year, but now my store is enforcing it). LOL

Wait, I thought we weren't allowed to use Carts anymore? Even Pricing. (We were told this off and on for the last year, but now my store is enforcing it). LOL

So where do the returns go? Actually, where does anything go?

We have one z rack in the fitting room to hold all our reshop. Using three tiers instead of carts could be a solution bc then you can differentiate between guests and reshop carts.

We're not allowedto use anything either. No Z, no 3 tier, no shopping carts, no closet, nothing. Departments are constantly called to come to the FR to get their stuff. It was horrible at first. Now it's just rough on the weekends.

Yeah that's the opposite of what they've been saying for a while. No shopping carts should be used for any type of work. They are for guests only. Of course we don't follow those directions but I heard them.

Well, now I know where all the cashier hours have gone...sigh

Did corporate think about this rule for more than 30 seconds? The clothes aren't going to disappear just because you get rid of the z rack or cart. It has to pile up somewhere!

I'm pretty sure the person or people that came up with this have never worked in an actual store.

Well, now I know where all the cashier hours have gone...sigh

At my store A+A gets no less than 600 hours.

You guys don't have the new white softline rack with the basket at the bottom? We got them during our remodel. Not sure what their called tho.

I also second the white rack with the small basket. Might be orderable on SAP?

It's large enough to hold a fair amount of items but small enough that a team member can pull the cart through the floor and push the reshops without really blocking sight lines or the aisles as they go. I do wish the basket is bigger though. Once anything baby hardlines gets in it were are quickly out of space.

I think it can easily hold maybe 4 to 6 guests worth of clothes on the arm. And an armful of clothes in the basket.

Outside of keeping "brand", it seems more counterproductive than anything. Does your store still schedule team members for fitting room shifts, or are they following the "everyone must follow every guess to the fitting room and check the fitting room every X minutes" rule?

Outside of keeping "brand", it seems more counterproductive than anything. Does your store still schedule team members for fitting room shifts, or are they following the "everyone must follow every guess to the fitting room and check the fitting room every X minutes" rule?

We still schedule each TM for FR shifts. 1 or 2 hours max.

I have to say...... the Team has been amazing during this last year w/ ALL the changes that have occurred. They've been so flexible, so understanding, so reliable. It's kind of awe-inspiring that they come back every day, and start the craziness all over again ! I know, KNOW they are stressed to their max with EVERYTHING that is expected of them; but still...... they smile and laugh, they help ALL their Guests, and they help each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back