BRLA Greenfield report "scans"

Hey everyone! I'm a fairly new Style TL and would love some help with a BRLA issue I'm having.

The last few months our A&A BRLA had been pretty good, but the last few weeks it has taken a drastic turn in the wrong direction. I'm trying to pinpoint the issue, and I want to understand the BRLA reports better.

I'm wondering what counts as a "scan" on the report. For example, one area of the report will say 1 location had 0 scans and 15 errors. I had thought that a scan is anytime the location is scanned for a pull, whether it be from my team doing fills or fulfillment pulling an item. How is it possible that errors are being found in a location that has never been scanned? Am I understanding this information completely wrong? One of the locations this last week had a -1000% accuracy, 2 scans and I can't remember how many errors. The majority of the errors are ghosts, not many baffles.

In frustration, I did my entire team's one for ones the other day so I could attempt to understand what was going on. I pulled probably about 500 items, and found about 5 ghosts (I exited the batch, and audited the locations) which I feel isn't a terrible amount to find (or is it? opinions?). One of my best DBO's informed me that she keeps finding items unlocated, that she back stocked herself and knows it was done correctly. I'm also noticing trends in the backroom audit where we seem to be auditing the same locations nearly every day.

Thank you in advance for any information or advice!

First off, what fulfillment does or does not do doesn't count as errors for your BRLA%. I don't really know if what we do counts as a scan or not. One guess is that fulfillment recently got the absolutely wonderful ability to skip any backroom location we don't want to pick from and grab the item from the salesfloor. Perhaps, that doesn't count as a scan, but for audit purposes it flags things as errors? So, let's say there are 10 medium shirts located in a waco and I skip that location and grab it from the floor. That might possibly be counting as 10 errors now? I don't know because A) this new feature of being able to skip the backroom has come with bugs, and B) I would never, never, never, and I mean NEVER skip a style item that is actually located in the backroom.

As for your DBO finding unlocated items that she knows were backstocked correctly, what items are you talking about? Much of RTW folding is listed as "some" in the backroom. When prompted to answer whether or not they pulled all of the item or not, many TMs make mistakes or just don't give a shit. That causes location issues. For example, if I were to pull a small AND shirt, the system is going to ask whether or not I pulled all of those small shirts from that location. If I didn't know what I was doing I might click "no" even if I pulled the last small because there are other sizes of the same shirt in that location. Then when the next person comes along to pull a small shirt, they aren't going to find one there. If they don't know what they're doing, they'll hit All Items Scanned without realizing that they need to scan one of each size of the shirt that is in the waco and that not doing so will unlocate all of those shirts.

I'd really try to nail down specifically where you are seeing errors, how those items are listed in the backroom and who is causing the errors.

First off, what fulfillment does or does not do doesn't count as errors for your BRLA%. I don't really know if what we do counts as a scan or not. One guess is that fulfillment recently got the absolutely wonderful ability to skip any backroom location we don't want to pick from and grab the item from the salesfloor. Perhaps, that doesn't count as a scan, but for audit purposes it flags things as errors? So, let's say there are 10 medium shirts located in a waco and I skip that location and grab it from the floor. That might possibly be counting as 10 errors now? I don't know because A) this new feature of being able to skip the backroom has come with bugs, and B) I would never, never, never, and I mean NEVER skip a style item that is actually located in the backroom.

As for your DBO finding unlocated items that she knows were backstocked correctly, what items are you talking about? Much of RTW folding is listed as "some" in the backroom. When prompted to answer whether or not they pulled all of the item or not, many TMs make mistakes or just don't give a shit. That causes location issues. For example, if I were to pull a small AND shirt, the system is going to ask whether or not I pulled all of those small shirts from that location. If I didn't know what I was doing I might click "no" even if I pulled the last small because there are other sizes of the same shirt in that location. Then when the next person comes along to pull a small shirt, they aren't going to find one there. If they don't know what they're doing, they'll hit All Items Scanned without realizing that they need to scan one of each size of the shirt that is in the waco and that not doing so will unlocate all of those shirts.

I'd really try to nail down specifically where you are seeing errors, how those items are listed in the backroom and who is causing the errors.
Thanks for your quick reply!
I'm familiar with the issues that the "some" items cause, I wish they would do away with it.

The biggest areas that keep getting unlocated items contain packaged sleep sets. Colsie sleep sets in 4 different locations were found unlocated, reback stocked, and the next day half of them were unlocated again. It's also been happening with the other brands of packaged sleep sets. I can't recall if those are listed as "some" or not.

The items in the locations that keep showing up on the audit over and over are primarily women's packaged underwear, which I know are back stocked by count and not "some in location" because I've had to audit them so many times it's burnt into my memory. NIT locations are probably showing the most errors recently, especially Head and Hand. I've been writing down the locations that are red each week, I'll start including what was in those locations and making a note if they are a "some" item.

The theory of skipping the location showing up as errors is interesting, I'll have to discuss that with my ETL and see what he thinks.

Thanks for your quick reply!
I'm familiar with the issues that the "some" items cause, I wish they would do away with it.

The biggest areas that keep getting unlocated items contain packaged sleep sets. Colsie sleep sets in 4 different locations were found unlocated, reback stocked, and the next day half of them were unlocated again. It's also been happening with the other brands of packaged sleep sets. I can't recall if those are listed as "some" or not.

The items in the locations that keep showing up on the audit over and over are primarily women's packaged underwear, which I know are back stocked by count and not "some in location" because I've had to audit them so many times it's burnt into my memory. NIT locations are probably showing the most errors recently, especially Head and Hand. I've been writing down the locations that are red each week, I'll start including what was in those locations and making a note if they are a "some" item.

The theory of skipping the location showing up as errors is interesting, I'll have to discuss that with my ETL and see what he thinks.

Interesting. I can't really theorize too much more. You're having issues with brands that aren't sold at my store. We had Colsie and it sold incredibly well, but for some reason corporate took it away from us. I haven't ever heard of Head and Hand.

NIT is in general really tough. It is by far our biggest seller in style and consequently where we get the most freight. We definitely have backroom location problems there, but since nothing that we have in that area is a "some" in the back, I've always assumed it's a problem with style TMs rushing and not making sure that the system processed things correctly.

Hey everyone! I'm a fairly new Style TL and would love some help with a BRLA issue I'm having.

The last few months our A&A BRLA had been pretty good, but the last few weeks it has taken a drastic turn in the wrong direction. I'm trying to pinpoint the issue, and I want to understand the BRLA reports better.

I'm wondering what counts as a "scan" on the report. For example, one area of the report will say 1 location had 0 scans and 15 errors. I had thought that a scan is anytime the location is scanned for a pull, whether it be from my team doing fills or fulfillment pulling an item. How is it possible that errors are being found in a location that has never been scanned? Am I understanding this information completely wrong? One of the locations this last week had a -1000% accuracy, 2 scans and I can't remember how many errors. The majority of the errors are ghosts, not many baffles.

In frustration, I did my entire team's one for ones the other day so I could attempt to understand what was going on. I pulled probably about 500 items, and found about 5 ghosts (I exited the batch, and audited the locations) which I feel isn't a terrible amount to find (or is it? opinions?). One of my best DBO's informed me that she keeps finding items unlocated, that she back stocked herself and knows it was done correctly. I'm also noticing trends in the backroom audit where we seem to be auditing the same locations nearly every day.

Thank you in advance for any information or advice!
It’s because of all the sfs new hires.

This happened to me in my style backroom. What worked for me was actually deleting the backroom location and recreating it in backroom management under MyWork.

Dont know why it worked. But it randomly did.

Back