Archived BRLA

Status
Not open for further replies.
BRLA is a massive issue company-wide right now. I've never seen so many stores dip under 97%. We have maybe one store that can hit 97% in our district.

The only things I can think of that's causing massive drops:

1) Loss of instocks has created a massive loss in store scanning. Depending on store culture, some stores barely do SFQ/SFC during plano sets and my store struggles to complete daily audits because it's supposed to be delegated to team members of the FACE areas (which they only sometimes do).

This loss in scanning creates several issues including inefficient logistics process due to OH and floor counts being inaccurate, causing pulling and freight flow to be inefficient. It also means that less gets pulled from the backroom, and any errors discovered while pulling are weighed heavier than having a similar amount of errors and twice the amount of scans.

2) Ghosts also seem to be way up, at least for my store. The lack of safeguards surrounding MyDevices seems to harm both pulling and backstocking. There's no 'update' for fat-fingering backstocking. You have to make SUPER sure you scanned a new item before backstocking it. The PDA would kick you back to STO rather than sitting on the last item you scanned. More hands in the cookie jar + less safeguards = more opportunity for human error. Is HQ just hoping store culture's will improve in this regard?

There ARE stores that have maintained even 98%+. If this is your store: what are you doing differently since this Greenfield rollout? How close is your store to modernization? Does your BR behave similarly to when we had PDAs? i.e. do they record baffles or do they back out and LOCU?

I have reached out to a few stores but have not gotten a response. Kind of at a loss as to why stores are suffering so badly yet there's been little to no communication regarding this huge dip and if it puts BRTLs in danger of coaching. If they're trying to figure out the issues on their end, a little reassurance would be great. If not and all these stores are dipping hard, is it really up to a BRTL to manage the entire store culture, even when store leadership puts your effort on the backburner for the sake of maintaining FACE on the sales floor?

My store happened to be 99% for a few weeks just recently. We have an overnight process and a hybrid E2E situation going on. (backroom still exists) The leaders on top of the team and has high expectations - they have no problem reaming you if you come up on the report.

The overnight backroom team updates aisles (basically LOCU then rebackstock) every night to make sure things are backstocked correctly by the full group, counts are not off and all that. They also print new labels and replace wacos.

The Zebras, especially with myWork, are terrible for backstocking, there really needs to be a STO equivalent for "fast" backstocking on the Zebras.

SFS creates lots of errors because of needing to backstock partial casepacks, plus that screws up the SFQ because it assumes we pushed the rest of the casepacks we had to pull from.

The Zebras, especially with myWork, are terrible for backstocking, there really needs to be a STO equivalent for "fast" backstocking on the Zebras.

SFS creates lots of errors because of needing to backstock partial casepacks, plus that screws up the SFQ because it assumes we pushed the rest of the casepacks we had to pull from.

This all day long..

My ETL-LOG had my opening BR/SFS change every bulk location in both our stockrooms to open this morning, for this reason.

While I like it for SFS, it fucks up everyone else's pulls. It also sets something off in my brain when I go to pull 1 from a casepack of 4.
We started having a flat for SFS "pulls" of partial casepacks and we just take 5min and combine it with the autos when those happen, and most of it ends up going out. Not a great solution, but it works. I just wish the SFS portion of Move didn't work like the Backroom portion, where it prefers casepack over open stock because it wants the casepacks to be broken down...

We were a pilot store more than a year ago. Any other pilot stores out there with success stories? This all worked out now metrics are ok and shelves are full sales up...? Just wondering.

We were constantly 99% brla. Once they rolled out the zebras it went down. The new zebras are awful for backstocking. Half the time they freeze, previous item still on the screen that you already backstocked, much slower than the PDA, sometimes the scans don't register.

So big reason is the zebras. I'd say next in line is SFS and them sometimes leaving an open box in a location when they should've pulled it all out. Order needs 1 item, location has 12 in a box, system tells them to pull 12, then says they need 1 and put remaining to the side for backstock, but they only take 1 and leave the rest. Now there's 11 items in a location not located.

So we're using the PDA's still until their gone and letting the SFS know when they mess up

We started having a flat for SFS "pulls" of partial casepacks and we just take 5min and combine it with the autos when those happen, and most of it ends up going out. Not a great solution, but it works. I just wish the SFS portion of Move didn't work like the Backroom portion, where it prefers casepack over open stock because it wants the casepacks to be broken down...

I'm not sure if inundating the sales floor with more task than they can usually keep up with is a solution either.

So big reason is the zebras. I'd say next in line is SFS and them sometimes leaving an open box in a location when they should've pulled it all out. Order needs 1 item, location has 12 in a box, system tells them to pull 12, then says they need 1 and put remaining to the side for backstock, but they only take 1 and leave the rest. Now there's 11 items in a location not located.

I was told that it asks how many are left in place? I was questioning my TL about that bec I saw one pulled only 1 from a casepack. I asked the person and he told me he only needed one. Unfortunately I forgot whether the casepack was still located or not. I forgot whether I checked that or not. My TL then said that it would ask how many is left if SFS is pulling from a casepack.

Incorrect. It does not ask how many are remaining. Only how many you're pulling.
wow, your my device ask you questions ??

mine isn't like siri, where do I turn on the voice ??

I was told that it asks how many are left in place? I was questioning my TL about that bec I saw one pulled only 1 from a casepack. I asked the person and he told me he only needed one. Unfortunately I forgot whether the casepack was still located or not. I forgot whether I checked that or not. My TL then said that it would ask how many is left if SFS is pulling from a casepack.

It won't ask how many are left.

What it does is this... If you need to pull 1 laundry detergent from a case of 4 you'll see you need 1 and gives the location. Scan location, scan the box, now it'll say "pull 4", so you hit "4" when really you know you only need 1. So after you pull 4 the next screen will tell you to scan 1 into your subcart location and put remaining to the side for backstock. So in the end you have your 1 in your cart but also unlocated 3 others.

So now either the person doesn't pay attention and leaves the rest in the box on the shelf unlocated or they put the rest to the side for backstock.

We've found a lot of boxes with only 1 or 2 missing and the rest not located. Of course when you tell S4S it's always "yea I know". Well somebody doesn't know if it wouldn't be happening lol.

Ours was holding at 98%, ticked up to 99% for a minute but then something happened and it dipped down to 94%. Not sure how the hell that happened, all I know it is that it wasn't me so I'm not one of the ones who's getting in trouble. Sucks to suck I guess.

My store happened to be 99% for a few weeks just recently. We have an overnight process and a hybrid E2E situation going on. (backroom still exists) The leaders on top of the team and has high expectations - they have no problem reaming you if you come up on the report.

The overnight backroom team updates aisles (basically LOCU then rebackstock) every night to make sure things are backstocked correctly by the full group, counts are not off and all that. They also print new labels and replace wacos.

Once again an overnight store comes out on top and crushes everybody else for obvious reasons. REAL TARGET HOURS is when shit gets done, son. I know I've said it before but I'm super fuckin jealous of y'alls stores that still have ON teams...mine sadly does not but if we did I would be the first (and probably only) one to sign up. I'm dreading the upcoming Q4 when store traffic will pick up in step with more/bigger trucks and flow is fighting our way through crowds to push holiday shit. I'm already planning to ask the STL if I can get locked in the store overnight to push the Xmas light wall, even though I can already picture the look on his face. lol

Last edited:

Uh no. It only cares about what you are pulling, it gives no fucks about what is left. We are constantly backstocking the partial casepacks(broken sometimes not) just cause out backroom is such a mess, at least we can find it for the next time. Rather than on one of 100 or so random vehicles scattered everywhere.

I had 1 TM tell me that it asked him how many were there recently. I wonder if there's some sort of change there that might happen.

I've had another TL tell me that they still use PDAs to backstock and I'm all for this suggestion. I think a LOT of issues would be mitigated if the MyDevice kicked you pack to the opening 'scan item' screen after backstocking an item. Didn't we have someone that worked with MyDevices on this board? Can we forward that suggestion? I've let my DTL know this but there is zero communication from any field leadership about BRLA in general. It just seems to be a 'figure it out' type of situation. I'm not sure they realize that results will still be pushed and this could cost people their jobs if an ETL or STL chooses to see it as a performance issue.

I forget the circumstances under which that prompt appears, but yes, it will ask you how many are left in the location and you're able to enter 0 to delete that item from the location entirely.
it happens when pulling assortment sometimes

I had 1 TM tell me that it asked him how many were there recently. I wonder if there's some sort of change there that might happen.

I've had another TL tell me that they still use PDAs to backstock and I'm all for this suggestion. I think a LOT of issues would be mitigated if the MyDevice kicked you pack to the opening 'scan item' screen after backstocking an item. Didn't we have someone that worked with MyDevices on this board? Can we forward that suggestion? I've let my DTL know this but there is zero communication from any field leadership about BRLA in general. It just seems to be a 'figure it out' type of situation. I'm not sure they realize that results will still be pushed and this could cost people their jobs if an ETL or STL chooses to see it as a performance issue.
@mobilelady

I've had another TL tell me that they still use PDAs to backstock and I'm all for this suggestion.

Our BRTL tells me that he's going to use the PDAs until the day they turn them off and box them up.

I've personally never felt like the Zebras are any worse or better at backstocking or pulling. Any issues I've had with them are the fault of our stores' unusually poor network coverage (dropped connection frequently). I was shown how to pull and backstock with them a long time ago, took 15 minutes to learn and I've never once popped up on the BR reports. This 94% business really baffles me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back