Brla

All about accountability, and retraining all team members on how to pull , backstock and audit . If team members don’t improve within two weeks they are out of the Backroom and straight to cashier if they are lucky and need hours.
How you guys do it?

Attachments

• B19DECE7-A999-40E5-9A19-B33F037E0281.jpeg
    B19DECE7-A999-40E5-9A19-B33F037E0281.jpeg
    180.1 KB · Views: 164
  • 2ECA3AEE-7539-4D9A-8122-61EC93CB4644.jpeg
    2ECA3AEE-7539-4D9A-8122-61EC93CB4644.jpeg
    105.6 KB · Views: 156
All about accountability, and retraining all team members on how to pull , backstock and audit . If team members don’t improve within two weeks they are out of the Backroom and straight to cashier if they are lucky and need hours.
How you guys do it?
I agree. It’s all about training and how to avoid errors. I was put in a red store to fix this and started out the year 88%. Got them trending green and we actually will end the year green.

Attachments

• 50BAA3A1-461F-4DD0-9FDC-7523FB13607B.jpeg
    50BAA3A1-461F-4DD0-9FDC-7523FB13607B.jpeg
    145.8 KB · Views: 57
What does "avoid errors" mean?
The most easily avoidable errors are AIS and Ghosts.

Not hitting AIS is the easiest one. Instead of hitting AIS just exit the batch, audit the location and go back into the batch. This both fixes the error and avoids creating a ghost.

Avoiding a ghost is easy and also doesn’t mess us your backroom. If MOVE wants you to pull 5 of something because there is 5 located there but there is actually only 4 in that location, pull the 4 but tell move you pulled the 5 it wants. This clears out the 5 it thinks is there and won’t show up as a ghost.

These 2 alone could get most stores green and it’s fixing the errors not just ignoring them. There’s some obvious one like if everyone backstocked and pulled perfectly which let’s be honest will never happen and mistakes happen.

The last one works but won’t actually fix your backroom, it’ll just avoid getting errors. The easiest way to be 100% everyday is follow the 2 steps above but in order to avoid the 3 error (baffles) you just need to read the description or look at the picture and make sure you’re only scanning the item it wants. I find a lot of TMs are too lazy to look at the pictures and just free scan the location and discover baffles. Again this isn’t recommended because you don’t discover the baffles but if you’re super desperate to look green on paper those 3 things will guarantee you 100% BRLA.

Last edited:

Not hitting AIS is the easiest one. Instead of hitting AIS just exit the batch, audit the location and go back into the batch. This both fixes the error and avoids creating a ghost.

Avoiding a ghost is easy and also doesn’t mess us your backroom. If MOVE wants you to pull 5 of something because there is 5 located there but there is actually only 4 in that location, pull the 4 but tell move you pulled the 5 it wants. This clears out the 5 it thinks is there and won’t show up as a ghost.

These 2 alone could get most stores green and it’s fixing the errors not just ignoring them. There’s some obvious one like if everyone backstocked and pulled perfectly which let’s be honest will never happen and mistakes happen.

The last one works but won’t actually fix your backroom, it’ll just avoid getting errors. The easiest way to be 100% everyday is follow the 2 steps above but in order to avoid the 3 error (baffles) you just need to read the description or look at the picture and make sure you’re only scanning the item it wants. I find a lot of TMs are too lazy to look at the pictures and just free scan the location and discover baffles. Again this isn’t recommended because you don’t discover the baffles but if you’re super desperate to look green on paper those 3 things will guarantee you 100% BRLA.
Exactly

Myday has been hectic for me at my store. When we audit the location and try to get out of the batch. The system adds more items for us to pull in our batch. Is this something your seeing? Or anyone else seeing?

How’s that “exit the batch” going for you now? Lol

What about the items with counts showing as ‘some’? What I’m currently doing is , when I come across one, I go ahead and take everything out and backstock again with the correct count . Is it the correct way?

What about the items with counts showing as ‘some’? What I’m currently doing is , when I come across one, I go ahead and take everything out and backstock again with the correct count . Is it the correct way?
I AUDIT the WACO on "some" items and push everything in the WACO, and re-backstock correctly. I also adjust SFQ/CAP as needed.

So if you hit All Items Scanned when doing 141s, that pulls everything that is located in that waco? Or just all of the item you are looking for?

Someone screwed up "my" backroom aisle and removed wacos without delocating the merchandise (bruh WHYYY?) and I want to correct that ish because it's screwing up 141s AND Flex. I was back there pulling when they came to look for something and we both had items to pull from wacos that no longer exist.

So if you hit All Items Scanned when doing 141s, that pulls everything that is located in that waco? Or just all of the item you are looking for?

Someone screwed up "my" backroom aisle and removed wacos without delocating the merchandise (bruh WHYYY?) and I want to correct that ish because it's screwing up 141s AND Flex. I was back there pulling when they came to look for something and we both had items to pull from wacos that no longer exist.

It removes all items that you don't scan, but it doesn't have you pull them. They just become baffles. Before hitting All Items Scanned you need to scan one of each DPCI to avoid this. However, flex is the only team that should ever be hitting All Items Scanned. If you're pulling and the item isn't there, you should exit our of your pull, audit the waco, and then jump back into the pull to avoid a BRLA% hit. When flex does it, it doesn't count against the BRLA metric. When you do, it does.

Make a barcode with my store. And remove the items using the scan function in my day. Or audit the waco

Small formats 🙄
Lol no... just consistency and routines. I under post my Gm schedule by 250 every week and put it into closers. We pull every area 2-3 times a day then the overnight team does a final round at 10pm

Lol no... just consistency and routines. I under post my Gm schedule by 250 every week and put it into closers. We pull every area 2-3 times a day then the overnight team does a final round at 10pm
So modernization helped?

I used to do 1-4-1s for whole market until recently alone. But now as we have lot of seasonal help , our etl split it between TMs and the pulls are done morning and evening . Now every morning I go in, it’s less than 700 and by store opening it becomes around 300. Then again it starts adding up. Min number I have seen yet is 200 something .

Back