Archived BTS 2017 Set in Seasonal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ours is the first week of July but they've started building the bins already. They have them standing all over TSC. I wondering how many will be damaged there before the bins even reach the sales floor.

I feel like my store should set early. Set date is the same week (7/1) but we're very light in seasonal, with a good bit of freight sitting in the back ready to go. Fill that floor. Or flex out the 4 pallets of La Croix I sorted in the backroom. I'm surprised it's so light though, last year my store kept getting seasonal freight in nearly up to the set date.

We are hoping for first week of July for Mini, then the next week full seasonal. We fudging that week to make sure Patio is close to gone. If it is, they will set aisle by aisle as needed.

Four end caps enough for La Croix? We won't do anymore since a competitor has them on this week for way better price than we do.. But we are still selling a bomb load of it.

I feel like my store should set early. Set date is the same week (7/1) but we're very light in seasonal, with a good bit of freight sitting in the back ready to go. Fill that floor.

We're the exact opposite. We've got a lot of seasonal stuff sitting on pallets in the back that we don't have room to flex onto the floor, but our STL has insisted we start setting a couple of BTS aisles back there. ...seriously???

We're the exact opposite. We've got a lot of seasonal stuff sitting on pallets in the back that we don't have room to flex onto the floor, but our STL has insisted we start setting a couple of BTS aisles back there. ...seriously???
Not saying I disagree. Patio may just not do well there. Get BTS out and making $$$$$ and cut your losses on patio going salvage ( hopefully clearance at least). It's tough to see that from a TM perspective when dealing with all the freight. Sometime you just have to let the STL roll the dice and let him or her respond to the DTL if questioned. * shrug*

Not saying I disagree. Patio may just not do well there. Get BTS out and making $$$$$ and cut your losses on patio going salvage ( hopefully clearance at least). It's tough to see that from a TM perspective when dealing with all the freight. Sometime you just have to let the STL roll the dice and let him or her respond to the DTL if questioned. * shrug*

That actually makes a lot of sense. I hadn't really thought about the fact that if patio sells really bad in my store it would kind of be a dead zone. I was just thinking "we're gonna be stuck with all this patio stuff that didn't sell!" but I wasn't looking at the bigger picture of the loss/gain ratios.

Thanks for the insight- always good to see another person's perspective!

We have almost no patio furniture left and have roughly 6-7 completely empty aisles but have not yet started setting BTS, LOL. Speaking of BTS, we haven't been briefed on any of those results, that must mean the scores were terrible.

We have almost no patio furniture left and have roughly 6-7 completely empty aisles but have not yet started setting BTS, LOL. Speaking of BTS, we haven't been briefed on any of those results, that must mean the scores were terrible.
Wee just had the tl meeting last Monday. Usually means by next week they start chat sessions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back