BTS set

I know some stores are setting next week but want to make a thread to see how everyone's set is going or any issues we should know about. I just started building the notebook shippers and have to say, kudos for improving the build process. They fixed some of the nuisance and made it easier to build overall.

Also did you guys receive the blue backer papers? I did not see it unless they were in flat boxes instead of the normal rectangular tubes kind.

Early bts here. Got some backer paper. Not even enough for all the endcaps. Missing the overheads. Didn’t have all the shippers. The shippers came in one big box and had to be sifted through to get put together. Still missing the ism for style bts. But the set is done and surprisingly light with everything pushed from the back.

Early bts here. Got some backer paper. Not even enough for all the endcaps. Missing the overheads. Didn’t have all the shippers. The shippers came in one big box and had to be sifted through to get put together. Still missing the ism for style bts. But the set is done and surprisingly light with everything pushed from the back.

So our map has two standalone 4ft section 84" tall gondolas that goes behind the 54" island. Is that how it suppose to be or was their communication about combining them? Also where do the essential tower go because it's not in the map for seasonal.

So our map has two standalone 4ft section 84" tall gondolas that goes behind the 54" island. Is that how it suppose to be or was their communication about combining them? Also where do the essential tower go because it's not in the map for seasonal.
No! Check communication in workbench or myday. Those 2 sections are turning and connecting so they will be perpendicular to the aisles. I don't have the essential towers but I do believe I saw something about them in the same communication

Maybe the backer is for front end caps only? That's kind of how it was with previous sets.

our official set-date was week of 7/4 but we worked ahead and are almost finished rear seasonal from setting Monday & Tuesday (with no data accuracy and no pulling and no pushing) - moving into storage for the rest of the week. This is what we found:

-pallets of ism came on separate weeks
-We only used the backer paper on 2 POGs - if pre-tied you will know which ones when scanning the paper
-backer paper came in the normal shape box, bit smaller cause fewer sheets
-The 2 separate 84” gondolas on the adjacency were combined for stability -put together in same direction as the ones in front of it - parallel to the back wall
-we put the two essential towers on either side of the essentials gondolas - fit right in line with the gondola with endcaps in front of it since the 84’s do not
Have endcaps - but I did read afterwards to put pegboard and backer papers on the ends - which we haven’t done yet. Not sure we should
bother now that we have the amp gift towers there now
-The biggest mistake we made was reading the set notes AFTER all was completed - many topper ism signs will not fit unless you drop the pegs lower than the pogs
call for - uncertain if we will be re-doing them, raising the ism, or making it work as is.
-notes say something about moving the front gondola further into racetrack and putting t-frames perpendicular to gondolas - we decided NOT to do that and left
them angled in the middle

-our biggest issue is all the merch that has NO location yet is NOT clearance, sigh. Filling mini till next week and then will revisit those items.
-as far as I could tell - nothing- salvaged with the set- then again, we did set a week earlier than we were supposed to so we’ll have to see if that changes next week.

Last edited:
our official set-date was week of 7/4 but we worked ahead and are almost finished rear seasonal from setting Monday & Tuesday (with no data accuracy and no pulling and no pushing) - moving into storage for the rest of the week. This is what we found:

-pallets of ism came on separate weeks
-We only used the backer paper on 2 POGs - if pre-tied you will know which ones when scanning the paper
-backer paper came in the normal shape box, bit smaller cause fewer sheets
-The 2 separate 84” gondolas on the adjacency were combined for stability -put together in same direction as the ones in front of it - parallel to the back wall
-we put the two essential towers on either side of the essentials gondolas - fit right in line with the gondola with endcaps in front of it since the 84’s do not
Have endcaps - but I did read afterwards to put pegboard and backer papers on the ends - which we haven’t done yet. Not sure we should
bother now that we have the amp gift towers there now
-The biggest mistake we made was reading the set notes AFTER all was completed - many topper ism signs will not fit unless you drop the pegs lower than the pogs
call for - uncertain if we will be re-doing them, raising the ism, or making it work as is.
-notes say something about moving the front gondola further into racetrack and putting t-frames perpendicular to gondolas - we decided NOT to do that and left
them angled in the middle

-our biggest issue is all the merch that has NO location yet is NOT clearance, sigh. Filling mini till next week and then will revisit those items.
-as far as I could tell - nothing- salvaged with the set- then again, we did set a week earlier than we were supposed to so we’ll have to see if that changes next week.
Yeah a lot of the odl that doesn’t carry forward goes clearance early in the week. And then drops fast. We set bts last week and the odl stuff is already at 70%.

Don’t be confused by the art and writing pog behind the t-frames:

we asked PML to add pegboard so that we could put shelves on the ends and ended up taking them out - both ends have four connected 1” corrugated bins.

section 1&2 are four 1’ corrugated bins on the endcap, section 3 is in front, sections 4&5 are corrugated bins of the other end and the back is section 6

Don’t be confused by the art and writing pog behind the t-frames:

we asked PML to add pegboard so that we could put shelves on the ends and ended up taking them out - both ends have four connected 1” corrugated bins.

section 1&2 are four 1’ corrugated bins on the endcap, section 3 is in front, sections 4&5 are corrugated bins of the other end and the back is section 6

There was communication that they wanted end frames on the writing bins because there was issues with some things not fitting and to use the end frame to flex. Did you run into this issue?

Also how long does it take to building the art and writing bins?

There was communication that they wanted end frames on the writing bins because there was issues with some things not fitting and to use the end frame to flex. Did you run into this issue?

I pre-built the bins for both, it took me less than 3 hours total. Communication said 2 hours for each. So for the average TM, probably somewhere between.

Definitely need the base decks on either side to put the corrugates on but not sure how vital the pegboard end frames are since you don’t need the frames to hold shelves - probably does look better if they are there though.

Building the bins takes some time because there are so many. If the same person can do them all each one gets easier and goes faster cause you don’t need to refer to the directions after the first few.
How long it takes depends on the team member. Some will milk it and others will bang them out. I’ve found the estimated build times to be a bit generous.

Did you guys not get enough 3ft endcap bins for folders? We only got one box of them and there's another endcap (folders) that need it.

Did you guys not get enough 3ft endcap bins for folders? We only got one box of them and there's another endcap (folders) that need it.

We are missing those, only got enough for the one endcap in stationary. Sure hope we don't need any in seasonal, lol. I'm not switching them out. 😆

We are missing those, only got enough for the one endcap in stationary. Sure hope we don't need any in seasonal, lol. I'm not switching them out. 😆
We got a box of 3ft notebook bins, but no folders. And the funny thing is that the pog calls for BTS20 3FT folder bins, same with a few that call for 4ft notebook bins from BTS20.

This is just so typical: not allowed to set early but lo-and-behold wouldn't you know, there's whole page spread in the ad for BTS supplies this week. I so enjoy being given nasty looks from people when I tell them we don't have them out yet and no I can't go in the back to dig them out of one of many possible pallets they could be on.

This is just so typical: not allowed to set early but lo-and-behold wouldn't you know, there's whole page spread in the ad for BTS supplies this week. I so enjoy being given nasty looks from people when I tell them we don't have them out yet and no I can't go in the back to dig them out of one of many possible pallets they could be on.
It’s just supplies that are dually located in Stationary or Calculators that are also located in Electronics.. the weekly ad doesn’t feature anything specific to BTS

It’s just supplies that are dually located in Stationary or Calculators that are also located in Electronics.. the weekly ad doesn’t feature anything specific to BTS

Yes, but when everyone buys all those items from the home location and you haven't finished/started setting those items in seasonal and the rest of what you have is on pallets not backroom locations so they won't come out in a pull, guests tend to wander back there and demand it because they see the BTS bins and assume it's all ready for them. Happens every year.

MN teachers waste no time buying supplies for their classrooms.

Me too. Very cute. My favorite is the crayon box top, though the construction is a little iffy, lol. Hope it lasts the whole season w/o the crayons falling out.
I hated constructing the MTM signing, those bins fought with me going together.. but I love the crayon box

Back