Archived Bullied and Seasonal

Status
Not open for further replies.

musicchick

Team Member
I’m a seasonal employee that got into a confronation with another seasonal employee. I would love to be permanent, but am wondering if this conflict will affect that. How does management deal with two employees in a conflict? Also I tried to be the bigger person and just walk away when things got heated but the other employee tried to spark another argument with a last remark.

Last edited:
I read this a few times and still don’t understand what you’re asking. People here would love to help, but please rephrase so we know what you’re trying to ask and can help.

So how does management deal with conflict between two employees? Especially if one or both employees are seasonal? And if the verbally attacked employee wants to be seasonal? Does an incident like this hurt the bullied employee’s chances of being hired on permanent?

Generally they will interview both employees to get their side of the story and follow up with any witnesses.

If you are seasonal don't let that stop you from reporting any bullying. They don't make their decisions based off of that.

Tbh if a store was going to keep you they have already decided seeing as it's early January.

Okay, rephrased it. Is it better? Sorry it was confusing.

Yes, much clearer now. Thanks!

Seems @HRZone figured out the original message and already covered everything.

As a fellow seasonal employee though, I’d recommend not getting involved in “confrontations”.

I didn’t mean to get in a confrontation, I was on my way out when I was confronted by the other coworker and I tried to walk off.

I didn’t mean to get in a confrontation, I was on my way out when I was confronted by the other coworker and I tried to walk off.

Describe confrontation? Did you guys get physical? Cuss at one another?

Unfortunately there are no winners in those situations and you both may end up out of a job.

If you were already off the clock then there really isn’t any excuse for you to be involved in anything...

Yes, I was off the clock but was cornered at the service desk when waiting to see if they had an item I had lost...I walked off when the other worker said a mean comment...no physical and no cussing...I just let her speak and answered her questions trying to diffuse the situation before just leaving it. Another long time employee witnessed it and is willing to back me up.

It’s kinda complicated? Part of it was that the coworker tried to push their work on me the night before and was upset that i didn’t do it cause I needed to leave before hitting compliance. Coworker sent mean message. Next day coworker acted fine until after I checked out and was waiting at service desk. Coworker showed up to service desk and started verbally attacking me. Long time employee witnessed it.

And this is why I don't give people my phone number.
At least I think that's what I mean by message, I'm certainly hoping you don't mean on any other social media.

Best to stay as far away from this person as possible.
If they ask you to come in the office and tell your side of the story, and keep to the facts, as little emotion as possible.
Where, when, who, how, etc.
Might help to write it all down just to have it all in place, just in case.

Otherwise, just keep you nose clean and your head down.

Coworker does not have my number. Contacted me via social media. Unfortunately the social media does not save the message, so I have no proof of the message.

What are my chances of being permanent now? I’m feeling like I’ve lost my job.

Also a team lead said she’d talk to the LOD about the incident.

Thank you! I just hope this doesn’t affect their decision to make me permanent.

At my store at least they made the decisions about seasonals over a week ago. They’re still informing TMs, but decisions were already made.
In that case your actions wouldn’t matter unless they caused someone to change their mind about keeping you on, but ASANTS and I don’t know the process for yours. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back