Bullseye On My Back

My weird psychology is such that I hate inefficiency and I have a bizarrely strong work ethic. I am aware that I am the hardest and most efficient worker in house, and this matters not, my friends. It's clear that the only branch of this awful corporation that actually works is P.R. . I have had my nightly premium stripped away, my very job description discarded, (the one I signed on to do, for the recompense stated) and, like all of you unfortunate enough to be non-management, have had my workload quadrupled. I also have worked for this K-mart simulacrum for 5 years, yet I make$13.00/hr., the same as any dillhole mouth-breather that walks in the door tomorrow. This is a testimony to the value Corporate gives to 5 years of experience and training, children...There is a movement, in response to Target's unethical and asinine misunderstanding of late-stage capitalism, and the disingenuous tactics employed, called Bullseye On My Back. Essentially, it comes down to this: The company has declared war on Labor, and Labor does not need a union to remind Corporate who is in control. For over six months now, things have been, let's say, slower. A lot more merchandise has ended up 'accidentally' thrown in the compactor, most employees now see the interior of a restroom at least 6 times a shift, and things that should have taken a half an hour somehow end up taking a whole shift. Backstock is inaccurately recorded, and you'd be amazed how long it takes you to complete a shift when you walk each and every single box, one by one, to the baler, and walk a flat out to the floor, only to turn around and walk it back.. Management, (surely a humorous term at your store like it is ours, since they can't seem to 'manage' to catch a cold) is so devoted to self-pity and petulant whining that they have forgotten to pretend to care about the employees, and we are giving them the failed deadlines and general contempt they deserve.
If you care about your work, I'm sorry. I did, too. But I have been treated horribly by this awful, dying company, and the B.O,M.Back (never without the ack, please!) movement is one I hope you will all consider. If your store is anything like mine, the management is composed of self-important, incompetent dimwits, playing 'manager', and they can never, NEVER comprehend the scope of this movement or how many thousands upon thousands of dollars we've cost them in stock and labor. Remember, you should ALWAYS relieve yourself on the clock, and what better time to check your phone? People drop things, and cleaning up a 36 Oz. jug of Tide can take up to 45 minutes! (If you do it right...) You owe this crappy company nothing....but a little payback. If you use your imagination, you can really gum up the works. I know, because we're doing it...

You sound like you're holding back. Don't hold back, brother! Tell us how you really feel!!!
dude.gif

Well that’s Tarshit’s motto hard work can kiss their assess and ass kissing is the name of the game. Also lazy as shit team members who kiss ass get promoted but again they don’t know what the fuck there doing. Or getting a bunch of newbies to take other people’s hours and paying them the same when they should give the pay and the hours more experienced team members.

I completely agree with you. I have worked at Target for a year now as a cashier and I have never worked in a bigger sh*t hole ever. The schedule is always messed up, the employees are rude and disrespectful to each other. And some of the guests are ok but alot of them are incredibly rude. And it's gotten even worse with the new arrangement they have made recently. Everybody is trying to be gstl's when the position does nt even exist anymore. One of our gstl's who became a tl has let it go to their head and is making everybody's life a living h*ll. When I go to work the atmosphere is negative and everybody is in a bad mood all the time. It's no wonder there are so many call outs. Nobody but sh*t heads like to work there. There are a couple of nice people but the nice ones get walked all over by everybody else. Its sad. I've never been so disrespected in a company. Its an evil environment. The marketing and merchandise sucks. It's a sh*t hole and as soon as i can i am gone with the wind.....

Don't forget it you get micro-managed to stay well hydrated and add to the urination count.

Attachments

• c80adb6a8c42a40ef110dfde64f7dfb1.jpg
    c80adb6a8c42a40ef110dfde64f7dfb1.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 17
  • low-work-morale-quotes.jpg
    low-work-morale-quotes.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 18
I completely agree with you. I have worked at Target for a year now as a cashier and I have never worked in a bigger sh*t hole ever. The schedule is always messed up, the employees are rude and disrespectful to each other. And some of the guests are ok but alot of them are incredibly rude. And it's gotten even worse with the new arrangement they have made recently. Everybody is trying to be gstl's when the position does nt even exist anymore. One of our gstl's who became a tl has let it go to their head and is making everybody's life a living h*ll. When I go to work the atmosphere is negative and everybody is in a bad mood all the time. It's no wonder there are so many call outs. Nobody but sh*t heads like to work there. There are a couple of nice people but the nice ones get walked all over by everybody else. Its sad. I've never been so disrespected in a company. Its an evil environment. The marketing and merchandise sucks. It's a sh*t hole and as soon as i can i am gone with the wind.....
It sounds like you need to be at that other forum.

Nothing new here. Anybody who works at Target knows there is only a handful of people who care and work hard. Others are like yourself and just waste time/resources. Target destroyed the company on their own by "streamlining" all these positions. They are losing more $$ with all the salvage in the backroom and incomplete planograms, etc then by someone taking 5 shits and checking their phone on the clock. You want to hit them hard? Talk to the press like other people.

Nothing new here. Anybody who works at Target knows there is only a handful of people who care and work hard. Others are like yourself and just waste time/resources. Target destroyed the company on their own by "streamlining" all these positions. They are losing more $$ with all the salvage in the backroom and incomplete planograms, etc then by someone taking 5 shits and checking their phone on the clock. You want to hit them hard? Talk to the press like other people.
They are losing a lot of money at the unmonitored fitting rooms as well.

While I too hated my place as Target transformed, I went out and found a new job.

I'm sure it feels great to stick it to the Man. What is your end goal. Target goes bankrupt? Where do all of those people who work there go? How do they feed their families, how do they pay their car insurance.

If you don't like your job then find a new one, don't sabotage it for everyone. What you're doing says nothing about target and everything about you.

I too found a new job. Unfortunately many people that I care very much about still work at the very accurately described by the OP spot. Some of them honestly believe they have no choice but to stay. The few 55+ team members are treated like crap, talked down to daily and yet they stay. Why? Because who is going to hire at 55+? What if it were your mom?dad? The younger team18-20 think this is how a workforce is suppose to be treated. They give it their all everyday, but if your being honest you know it will never be good enough. Do X. Why are you doing X I need you to do Y. Why aren't you done with X yet? The cheerleaders for the place are generally (yes I said generally it doesn't include everyone) are ass kissers. They don't really get anything done but know whose egos to stroke. The ETLS are such insecure immature whiney little bitches they buy that ego stroking and have a new bestie. Of course the bestie is playing both sides of the fence and is talking smack about the ETLs to their team mates. That conversation is then vomited right back to the ETLS during yet another little 15 minute conversation(the 3rd or 4th of the day) in the office People are hitting the bathrooms just for five minutes of sanity in this asylum.
Bottom line is no matter what you do it is wrong and not fast enough.

Back