Archived Burlington, VT Store 3306

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heading up to planorama this week. Excited to share pics. Not excited that the hotel is the only one out of three without complimentary breakfast and they've backed out of a stipend for dinner now....
Is that the thing where you like plan the layout of the store? That sounds super fun

Is that the thing where you like plan the layout of the store? That sounds super fun

Planorama is blitzing through the entire store setting all of the planograms. Signing team members assist with all the backer paper & ism signing, Plano teams place all the fixtures, readying the store for their first truck unload. It's a shitshow and super fun all at the same time. And you get to meet a lot of team members from other stores.

I didn't realize Spot still coughed up money for hotels for store support help for this.

Had heard about it from before my time but also heard they put the cabash on it. But maybe that was just here in MN where I think there may have been an incident (can't remember the exact story I heard, maybe about drinking or stalking, something like that).

Heading up to planorama this week. Excited to share pics. Not excited that the hotel is the only one out of three without complimentary breakfast and they've backed out of a stipend for dinner now....

Also, pics if you can.

I've done one before. Finding fixtures you need was a damn pain in the ass. They'll have shelves and standard pegs ready to go but specialty fixtures you have to look through a bunch of pallets. It doesn't help that when you ask the person responsible for fixtures and ordering--have never worked plano before.

I did three planoramas in my time, they were fun but also kind of a PITA. Depends what the responsibilities were, the fun ones were heading there with my PTL and just leapfrogging through aisles setting a bunch of planos.

Planorama is blitzing through the entire store setting all of the planograms. Signing team members assist with all the backer paper & ism signing, Plano teams place all the fixtures, readying the store for their first truck unload. It's a shitshow and super fun all at the same time. And you get to meet a lot of team members from other stores.

I didn't realize Spot still coughed up money for hotels for store support help for this.

Had heard about it from before my time but also heard they put the cabash on it. But maybe that was just here in MN where I think there may have been an incident (can't remember the exact story I heard, maybe about drinking or stalking, something like that).

I've done two planoramas. Both times Target paid for the hotel, dinner, and mileage.

If they want my help in a place 250 miles away, that's how it is. Otherwise, I'm not going.

I've done one before. Finding fixtures you need was a damn pain in the ass. They'll have shelves and standard pegs ready to go but specialty fixtures you have to look through a bunch of pallets. It doesn't help that when you ask the person responsible for fixtures and ordering--have never worked plano before.
Stoneham went great, they were just short fixtures.
I've done two planoramas. Both times Target paid for the hotel, dinner, and mileage.

If they want my help in a place 250 miles away, that's how it is. Otherwise, I'm not going.
We're thinking of just claiming expenses when we submit mileage. It's not like all the rooms have a fridge to keep food in.

Stoneham went great, they were just short fixtures.

We're thinking of just claiming expenses when we submit mileage. It's not like all the rooms have a fridge to keep food in.

Hard to believe that you don't have a fridge or cooking facilities, yet can't get a per diem for your first and last meal of the day.

I personally wouldn't go.

Hard to believe that you don't have a fridge or cooking facilities, yet can't get a per diem for your first and last meal of the day.

I personally wouldn't go.
Already planned, I'll figure it out.

Wish I could have had the opportunity to go to Burlington, VT for their planorama. I love planoramas... except for the one I just did (my own store's). It was a wild week for me.

Last edited:
I’d rather sleep in my car, unless it was freezing cold or something.

Give me some privacy at least.

But I’ve only ever done one Planorama and went home the same day...

I didn't know Target provided accommodations. Then again, the two I went to were less than 20 miles away from my store so no accommodations were probably necessary.

I didn't know Target provided accommodations. Then again, the two I went to were less than 20 miles away from my store so no accommodations were probably necessary.
It’s the first target in Vermont and most of us are traveling over 3 hours to get there. Personally it’s. 4.5 hour drive from my home store...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back