• Thread starter katienberry
  • Start date
  • Replies 30
  • Views 3K
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

katienberry

Earlier today I burned my hand over at starbucks. They filed an incident report right after it happened. It doesn't look terrible but it hurts a lot and it's kinda swollen. They called medcor and I'm following what they said but what do I need to do if it doesn't get better? I don't have any health insurance. If it doesn't get better, do I go to urgent care and pay and Target pays me back? Do they have a specific doctor I go to?

What did Medcor advise?
Did you have it looked at by any medical professional?
If not, go to an ER as Kartman said.
You should also get a doctor's note with THEIR instructions of care.

If it's swelling & hurts no matter what you put on it or what you take, call the nurse line.
That water is superheated & you could wind up with nerve & tissue damage.

What did Medcor advise?
Did you have it looked at by any medical professional?
If not, go to an ER as Kartman said.
You should also get a doctor's note with THEIR instructions of care.

Medcor said to just put ice, ointment and some bandaids on it. I've did that and since I got home, also aloe on it since the pain was just super intense. I haven't seen anyone about it and I don't really think the ER is necessary but if it doesn't get better I'm just wondering how to proceed. Does Target have their own doctors they send people to?

Life protip: Don't do this :D:p

NurseLine
The NurseLine is a free resource available to all team members that provides a first step in seeking nonemergency health services. Nurses are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to help you make good health care decisions and to provide peace of mind.

Call the NurseLine at 866-553-8711

Water from espresso machines is super heated and under pressure.
Like redeye said it can be a lot worse than a simple burn.
Call the Nurseline but make it clear you have the intense pain and burn issue, write down what they say.
If they recommend you go to the ER do it but make sure you keep all the paperwork and tell them that it is a WC claim.

Earlier today I burned my hand over at starbucks. They filed an incident report right after it happened. It doesn't look terrible but it hurts a lot and it's kinda swollen. They called medcor and I'm following what they said but what do I need to do if it doesn't get better? I don't have any health insurance. If it doesn't get better, do I go to urgent care and pay and Target pays me back? Do they have a specific doctor I go to?
Since this is a documented incident, make sure you followed Target procedures and you have witnesses to back up the account. Some stores will drill TMs on accident reports to make sure they follow protocol.

Because of an accident I was involved in at my Food Ave, we changed procedures.

Thanks yall, I called Nurseline and they told me I need to go to Urgent Care so I guess that's how my day's gonna be spent.

Call your store and let HR know you are going. They may have a procedure they need you to follow. This will make your life easier when it comes to WC paying up.

I hope you see a doctor. Sometimes your body runs on extra adrenaline and you can misjudge the pain. Good luck.

Call your store and let HR know you are going. They may have a procedure they need you to follow. This will make your life easier when it comes to WC paying up.

I called them before and told the LOD who happened to be my ETL. They said I have to come back for a checkup on Saturday but it's a pretty bad first degree burn. If it's not better then, they'll go from there. They gave me burn cream and bandaged it up and wrote me some prescriptions which I'll get when I go into work later. There was a witness so they'll probably ask her about it. I'm keeping all paperwork and making copies of everything.

You're not going to get paid for time spent going to the doctor. It's not like you're trying to get the nurses to sign up for Redcards. You will get paid for missed work if you can't work with that injury, or put on light duty, but that's a different issue.

Target will pay all of the medical costs though (obviously!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back