BUS (Business Unit Status)

Curious how many leaders are doing these. It was all in the April planner and I've been doing them about a month now.

Whats the cadence? I'm doing them weekly and they take so much longer than a regular business unit review.

My store was doing them weekly, which honestly started to really annoy me because they would take so long and I already status daily with my SD &, ETL. Also, my store is super short staffed with so much to do so I hated just sitting in the office for over an hour repeating the same stuff while there were so many other things I could be doing. Now my store is doing them monthly, which I agree with. Weekly is just a bit too much. Setting goals for the month, discussing previous months results is a lot more reasonable.

@truckdemon yes! I totally agreen on monthly! My HR is insisting on weekly and my knee is just bouncing the whole time wanting to be out on the floor with my team.

Aren’t these like normal business status? My last store did those weekly with every leader and their work center. Except me cause I got shifted around so much and was always to caught up with actual work to give a shit.

My current store doesn’t do them. I somewhat have something like that biweekly with the F&B Coord and my ETL though.

Ours were weekly. But with the labor cuts and pumped up volume our SD decided we were better off on the floor. She sends out emails with important stuff and we respond with updates,info, etc. Im glad I have an SD and ETLs that give a shit about the store and not as much of the office nonsense.

What are these and where can I learn more about them? We don't do any status updates at all (communication is a huge issue at our store).

Also for anyone doing them are you seeing benefits or better outcomes from doing them?

Maybe then this is what the purpose is for leadership hour Long coffee breaks behind Starbucks that are so riveting they are unable to respond to TM requests for assistance. Then simultaneously holler out at TM s to report their location as soon as the break is over.

Back