Buskers at your store

We have a few in the area shopping centers, pretty interesting how they do it. If nothing else it's entertaining. Some folks on a local forum get all cranked up about the fact that the violin playing isn't for real. Of course not, that's the gig. Give money if you choose, or don't. The Karens get their sweats in a knot and ramble on about being scammed. No stupid, you're not being scammed! Nothing is promised, nobody is holding a gun to your head for money. The men on the forum don't give a shit. Yes, they have signs about "rent" etc. We know that. Their sanctimony runs deep like the Mississippi river, nauseating. I don't think the stores in the mall care, the STL at the Target turns a blind eye as do the other merchants. Merry Christmas.

They just wander and i find it amazing and i love the violinist that shows up at my store. But it also just makes the day a little more vibrant.

I kind of enjoyed the music the few times I had to get carts over the summer. Their 3 songs got a little repetitive though. What bothers me is they aren't even playing the violin. The violin is a hard instrument to play and for them to fake it is horrible. Musicians train for years and years and for someone to cheapen it by faking it in parking lots is disgusting. It's kind of like if I got a prize for some big fish only instead of catching it, I bought it at the supermarket.

None of that nonsense going on in our parking lot, thank goodness. I'm not for anything that draws a crowd, we have enough people to deal with as it is.

ETA: I sometimes enjoy street performers when I'm on vacation and expect them to be there, like Halloween in Salem, but if I had to deal with it every day when working, no thank you.

We have a few in the area shopping centers, pretty interesting how they do it. If nothing else it's entertaining. Some folks on a local forum get all cranked up about the fact that the violin playing isn't for real. Of course not, that's the gig. Give money if you choose, or don't. The Karens get their sweats in a knot and ramble on about being scammed. No stupid, you're not being scammed! Nothing is promised, nobody is holding a gun to your head for money. The men on the forum don't give a shit. Yes, they have signs about "rent" etc. We know that. Their sanctimony runs deep like the Mississippi river, nauseating. I don't think the stores in the mall care, the STL at the Target turns a blind eye as do the other merchants. Merry Christmas.
Those are scammers and they been bad in my city, The local news did a report on it last summer. People don’t see that they are fakers and aren’t actually playing music from the instrument. Those people need to get a life, There’s no way they are actually really “poor.” The ones donating money are the real fucking idiots.

I kind of enjoyed the music the few times I had to get carts over the summer. Their 3 songs got a little repetitive though. What bothers me is they aren't even playing the violin. The violin is a hard instrument to play and for them to fake it is horrible. Musicians train for years and years and for someone to cheapen it by faking it in parking lots is disgusting. It's kind of like if I got a prize for some big fish only instead of catching it, I bought it at the supermarket.
Because it’s fake.

Back