Archived Bye for real this time

Status
Not open for further replies.

soyaxo

So-Called Something Or Other
After nearing my third year with Target, I have been offered a higher paying position right across the street from my store. Thanks to End2End, I was able to refer to the new processes to elaborate more on my qualifications for the position I was applying for. I get to work in a department I love with an extremely comfortable, fashionable dress code. I’m getting paid more, motivated to perform well (and rewarded for when I do).

I am grateful for TBR, as it is such a lovely little community. I will miss the experiences from my very first job, but I know I will keep close with my old colleagues, and am glad I was given the opportunities to learn constantly during the time I was employed with Target.

I also have twelve full red/khaki sets , a ton of promotional pins, and four name badges! I can still wear some of the dressier khakis to my new job, so I’ll definitely put them to good use. I’m also going to have to get used to saying “customers” now. The most confusing thing so far is that this store has two three-story buildings. I thought Target was huge, but I was wrong.

I left on good terms. My final day will be shortly before Black Friday. I would have stuck around until first quarter, but I’ll be making several dollars more and starting as soon as possible is of the highest priority right now. I’ll still stop by my store regularly, but I’m happy to be able to work at another store I love where the employees are appreciated. Thanks, Target, for being the best first job I could have possibly asked for.

Last edited:
Inspiring to hear posts like these. Good luck on your new venture

After nearing my third year with Target, I have been offered a higher paying position right across the street from my store. Thanks to End2End, I was able to refer to the new processes to elaborate more on my qualifications for the position I was applying for. I get to work in a department I love with an extremely comfortable, fashionable dress code. I’m getting paid more, motivated to perform well (and rewarded for when I do), and I’m able to date that cute TL friend (!!!!) now that I’m a guest. We’re both extremely excited for that.

I am grateful for TBR, as it is such a lovely little community. I will miss the experiences from my very first job, but I know I will keep close with my old colleagues, and am glad I was given the opportunities to learn constantly during the time I was employed with Target.

I also have twelve full red/khaki sets , a ton of promotional pins, and four name badges! I can still wear some of the dressier khakis to my new job, so I’ll definitely put them to good use. I’m also going to have to get used to saying “customers” now. The most confusing thing so far is that this store has two three-story buildings. I thought Target was huge, but I was wrong.

I left on good terms. My final day will be shortly before Black Friday. I would have stuck around until first quarter, but I’ll be making several dollars more and starting as soon as possible is of the highest priority right now. I’ll still stop by my store regularly, but I’m happy to be able to work at another store I love where the employees are appreciated. Thanks, Target, for being the best first job I could have possibly asked for.
Congrats and good luck!

tenor.gif

Leaving on good terms, but this time for real! I’m just unhappy with the lack of development at my store and I don’t see myself having a future with a company that doesn’t allow me use my skills to drive positive results. I also got my worst review yet despite having my best year, and I feel like it’s just become a big mess. My TL also claimed everyone got an ION on their guest service, but I never have before this year, otherwise I genuinely would have been working to resolve the issue in the first place. Regardless, my last day will be May 15, and I know I’ve made the right decision now. I will be continue to pursue my college education, and continue working my second job now. I’ve stopped thinking about what’s best for my store, and will now think about what’s best for me. Sadly, it does not include continuing to be a team member. A guest, for sure!

Good luck!
Pour that extra time to taking more classes and graduating sooner!

Remember needs of soyaxo come first!

But what about the needs of the business? Target does not have have a place for someone who puts themselves above the company. How dare you think there are better opportunities out there! And as far as going to college? Why even think that's necessary? Soon you'll be making $15 an hour, no college required! Sure they'll give you 4 hours a week but you'll be an expert, an owner!

Seriously though, good luck and don't ever regret leaving. TMs are nothing to Target any more. Soon you'll be replaced w someone with no experience and who will start off making more than you ever were. :)

But what about the needs of the business? Target does not have have a place for someone who puts themselves above the company. How dare you think there are better opportunities out there! And as far as going to college? Why even think that's necessary? Soon you'll be making $15 an hour, no college required! Sure they'll give you 4 hours a week but you'll be an expert, an owner!

Seriously though, good luck and don't ever regret leaving. TMs are nothing to Target any more. Soon you'll be replaced w someone with no experience and who will start off making more than you ever were. :)
This is the exact sass I have in my mind! My TL didn’t even bring up the $15 this time.

Just curious why you didn't end up leaving when you initially thought you were.
I left for higher pay with Dillard’s, but couldn’t keep justifying the commute so I left in March 2018 and came back to Target in June 2018. I did my best this time, but I know leaving on good terms is the best option. I don’t have a future at Target.

I left for higher pay with Dillard’s, but couldn’t keep justifying the commute so I left in March 2018 and came back to Target in June 2018. I did my best this time, but I know leaving on good terms is the best option. I don’t have a future at Target.

Sounds like a solid plan. I've left Target twice, only to come back a 3rd time (my current tour of duty). With Target continuing to bump up pay over the last few years I make the same as people that have continued with Target during the same time period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back