Bye

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you took your 15 in the last hour of your shift then they are absolutely going to find any excuse to write you up. Don't do it. It isn't 15 minutes of "free" time for you to use as you wish, it is a designated resting period meant to help you recuperate in order to work better afterwards.
That is the key here and the real reason they aren't going to cut you slack and went straight to corrective.

Apologize to your etl or whoever. Be sincere. Ask politely here going forward what will and will not be tolerated because you genuinely want to do what’s right. While they may point out the airpods as the problem, the real problem I think is having them too loud, having both in, having them in when the store is very busy, and at the very worst, you not being able to hear a guest calling for you. There is a time and a place

If you took your 15 in the last hour of your shift then they are absolutely going to find any excuse to write you up. Don't do it. It isn't 15 minutes of "free" time for you to use as you wish, it is a designated resting period meant to help you recuperate in order to work better afterwards.
That is the key here and the real reason they aren't going to cut you slack and went straight to corrective.
This doesn’t make much sense. They are entitled to their 15. If staffing and workload issues cause them to miss a break, a break in the last hour is fine. We do it a lot because we don’t have the coverage sometimes to send people on break every 2 hours, and they are entitled to those breaks, whenever they might be.

I’m not the one who has their AirPods in ???? I never have my AirPods in because I know better. I said it’s my co workers who work on the sales floor with AirPods/headphones in and on FaceTime/having phone calls while in front of customers, but the etls and shift leads never say a word to them.
Play their game

First of all you said you don’t have a full shift , so you should be taking your break on time at 2-2.5h into your shift no if, but’s about it, I wouldn’t allow my team who works only 4 hours to take their break towards the end. You need that rest period and you are paid for it and of course Target says you need to take it then not at the end. Second why are you so worried about others? What they do what they don’t do? You came to target for a job and not the other way around. Just do you boo , learn from it and move on.

For what it’s worth, I think you should have gotten a warning on the timing of your break. If you supervisor wants you to take/not take your break at a certain time, they should make a break schedule or tell you when to take or not take your break. For a supervisor to put you on paper out of the blue for taking your break near the end of their shift without having ever told you that it’s unacceptable is harsh. Not too many TMs can read their leaders’ minds, and putting you on a CA Instead of coaching you first for doing something that you don't know is wrong is a double failure of leadership, once for not making you aware of expectations to start with, and once for putting you on a CA for a training issue instead of coaching you.
(ASANTS, but not all leaders/stores give two hoots when TMs take their breaks as long as the workcenter is covered. My store didn’t, except for the front lanes, and they had a break schedule. Every day. For the rest of the store, taking their breaks at the end of their shifts was standard procedure.)
As far as loafing, you got caught, even if it was the first time, it’s still loafing. Bad luck, but not the end of the world, hopefully, unless they truly are picking on you and looking for an excuse to issue a CA. If you get another CA you will know it’s time to start looking for greener pastures.
It’s not worth it to tell leadership about the transgressions of your co-workers, their answer will be that it doesn’t matter what they are doing, you still shouldn’t be loafing. That’s Spot for you, and it’s not fair, but some get away with everything and some get held accountable for the smallest transgression. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back