Archived C volume 4 am store going to 6 am, question about receiving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Going with the Flow

Queen of the dungeon
We are a C volume Super Target going from 4 am to 6 am, as the receiver I am curious if this change had any effect on the receivers hours?

Earliest anyone will be in the store is 7 am. Flow push will start 7:30. Don't know much else yet. The team will be told Monday and leadership hopes to have more direction from corporate by then.

We've been 7:30 for some time Receiving hours are 9-1. There is no way I can check in vendors while the truck is being unloaded. Vendors moan and groan for a couple of months but they finally got their dispatch to change delivery times. i have to make sure on soda deliveries day that I can get their returns from the steel because sometimes that side of the line is full of transtions and backstock pallets.

We've been 7:30 for some time Receiving hours are 9-1. There is no way I can check in vendors while the truck is being unloaded. Vendors moan and groan for a couple of months but they finally got their dispatch to change delivery times. i have to make sure on soda deliveries day that I can get their returns from the steel because sometimes that side of the line is full of transtions and backstock pallets.

What are your hours? And I love your username..I totally feel you!

My store is, I think A/A+, we do $55 million+. We currently have a 4am unload with 6-noon receiving dock hours. In the near future we're switching to a new food distribution that's supposed to be a 6am unload every time, so my STL has put in to push our dock hours to 7-1. I was told if that goes through I can expect my schedule to just be slightly shifted to make sure I'm at the dock from 7-1 every day, instead of 6-noon. My ETL-Logistics and STL have been great about keeping me updated on the possible change, so if you have any questions I'd recommend going to your leadership. Each store will have to handle something like this on an individual basis based on their needs and necessities, so each result will be a little different, your leadership will definitely be the best resource for answers.

Talked to my Stl yesterday and she said she doesn't think I'll change..if aanything it would be to 7.

I'm a 4AM flow member. So is the time going to be 6 or 7AM start time. Wouldn't mind getting some better sleep.

I'm a 4AM flow member. So is the time going to be 6 or 7AM start time. Wouldn't mind getting some better sleep.

That depends. If your store is still at the same org chart as before, chances are you're staying at 4AM.

The store hasn't had an STL since OCT of 2013. So who knows what the hell is going on.

In order to hours I work 7:30 unloading truck till 2:30 300. I tend to work till 430 Fridays doing mir@ sweeps
There's no BRTMs that help you with those? I always help the receiver pull the MIRs on Tuesdays after auto fills since it's a non truck day, Backroom and Salesfloor. We (BRTMs) also help load the sweep into the truck too.

Backroom will pull mdse and put it on pallets for the the sweep. I prefer to do mirs so I dont have to track tm or tl down when they are due or they bring it to me an Friday when I'm trying to get out at my schedule time. I'll load the sweep truck and finish Mir. I want whatever receiving hours HQ allowed. I will partner with my Tl if I need some help.

Backroom wI prefer doing my own mir's ll pull mdse and put it on pallets for the the sweep. I prefer to do mirs so I dont have to track tm or tl down when they are due or they bring it to me an Friday when I'm trying to get out at my schedule time. I'll load the sweep truck and finish Mir. I want whatever receiving hours HQ allowed. I will partner with my Tl if I need some help.
Same here , backroom pulls the sweep but the rest is all me and I pull my own mirs and work the sales floor myself. Receiving is a lot of work I dont think the 37 or so hours I get is too much to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back