Archived California final pay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone familiar with California final pay laws??? if so, please help!!!!
Here's my situation:
So, I was basically forced to put in my two weeks because I was in the middle of EIT and needed to transfer because my boyfriend was relocated for his job. My HRBP told me she wouldn't approve my transfer, unless I stayed in the area and commuted over an hour and a half one way for atleast 2 months. I told her that wasn't going to happen, so she told me the best thing would be to put in my resignation. I worked my two weeks out, because I wanted to be rehireable and I requested to have direct deposit for my final pay because my bank isn't local. So, my last day was Thursday, November 1st, with pay day being on Friday, the 2nd. On Friday, the check was deposited into my account and then on the following Monday, the money was taken out. I reached out to HROC and they told me I had to reach out to our District Admin, which I did. I went back and forth with them the rest of the week and they said I couldn't get direct deposit for final pay and was told the money wouldn't be back in my account until today because of the holiday on Monday. Well, what do you know, the money isn't even pending. I reached back out to my District Admin and she was really frustrated and apologized and told me she would call HROC again. I guess my question is, do I need to take this further?! I already called the integrity hotline and I've heard nothing really happens when you call. My old HR, who is no longer with the company, suggested taking it to small claims court. I just don't know if it's even worth my time?! Has anyone dealt with this?! Any help is appreciated!!!

Your last day at your job you are to be paid after your shift ends any monies owed to you, including any vacation hours not used. Exception is if you have a pension or 401k, that could take a while to be paid out. You in no certain terms have to wait for the biweekly pay day to get paid. Any time spent waiting to get paid your final monies after you left the company, the company is required to pay you in excess a day's wage for every day extra you wait to get paid beyond your divorce or separation date from the company (aka last day you work for them). Call up the California Labor Board to help remind Target of their duties and you should be paid extra beyond what you are owed already

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back