Archived Call buttons and other misc questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bumping this cause I’m wondering if there’s a way I can have my cashier trigger the carry out request instead of me sprinting to the flashing blinker

Bumping this cause I’m wondering if there’s a way I can have my cashier trigger the carry out request instead of me sprinting to the flashing blinker

If your store has enough walkies, you could have your cashiers sign one out at the beginning of their shift so that they can call for the CA.

Sadly only enough for the SCO. was thinking about using the old call button for photo (when we get rid of it) at the main register? Idk maybe this new register software coming next months will have something built in

Sadly only enough for the SCO. was thinking about using the old call button for photo (when we get rid of it) at the main register? Idk maybe this new register software coming next months will have something built in

if you turn on GSTL myAlerts you could have your cashiers press HELP. then there's an option for a carryout.

why is it such an issue to respond for blinkers though? you're supposed to be near the lanes anyway

They put in call buttons for "Shavers" and "Fragrances" a few months before I left. Those sound so weird over the walkies lol.

They have one for every department and then some but not one for Guest Service.

“fast service needed at GS”. Sometimes if it’s slow and there’s only one of us there we’ll put the button up to go on break.

Help function was removed several months ago. Youre right, I’m usually by the lanes, except when I’m covering the OPU break running around the store filling orders. It’s and SCO is watching the lanes. The cart attendant could just respond. Instead of >blinker>sco leaves sco>walkies the cart attendant which is usually also the GSA unless we are lucky
They have one for every department and then some but not one for Guest Service.

“fast service needed at GS”. Sometimes if it’s slow and there’s only one of us there we’ll put the button up to go on break.

I know I’m an ideal world I’d just be at the lanes directing and interacting with guest but in reality we are filling all the gaps, covering all the breaks, so that may look like running a pizza through the oven or making popcorn when café is on break, running out or at least prepping drive up orders, solving a ship to store issue with target.com so if while I’m st the service desk with a guest or food ave
And I run over with a heart attack and it’s a carry out, I’m happy to help... but s walkie alert would be much better

But from the material on the new registers they are planning on implementing communication into the new software for the cashiers to use

I know I’m an ideal world I’d just be at the lanes directing and interacting with guest but in reality we are filling all the gaps, covering all the breaks, so that may look like running a pizza through the oven or making popcorn when café is on break, running out or at least prepping drive up orders, solving a ship to store issue with target.com so if while I’m st the service desk with a guest or food ave
And I run over with a heart attack and it’s a carry out, I’m happy to help... but s walkie alert would be much better

But from the material on the new registers they are planning on implementing communication into the new software for the cashiers to use

bro you gotta delegate or you’re going to break yourself

Yea I’d like to I’m just told from leaders that’s my responsibility “welcome to being gsa” they say

fuck that, training and development is the most important part about being a leader at Target. your leaders are failing you and the team by failing to make them self sufficient and failing to crosstraining

Yea I’d like to I’m just told from leaders that’s my responsibility “welcome to being gsa” they say

fuck that, training and development is the most important part about being a leader at Target. your leaders are failing you and the team by failing to make them self sufficient and failing to crosstraining

I just don’t see why we are responsible for target café when there are two perfectly good Starbucks baristas at almost any given time (including the food ave TL) that wont cover café’s break (I hate to, but I usually just have them shut down café for their breaks because I’m really not food trained to cover )

I just don’t see why we are responsible for target café when there are two perfectly good Starbucks baristas at almost any given time (including the food ave TL) that wont cover café’s break (I hate to, but I usually just have them shut down café for their breaks because I’m really not food trained to cover )

the front end shouldn't be responsible for Cafe or Starbucks at all

they're food, not guest experience. outside of your org chart, not your problem. your ETL should stand up for you.

and no, you 100% should not be covering breaks in Cafe or Starbucks if you haven't been properly trained on food safety and certified. very big no no.

the front end shouldn't be responsible for Cafe or Starbucks at all

they're food, not guest experience. outside of your org chart, not your problem. your ETL should stand up for you.

and no, you 100% should not be covering breaks in Cafe or Starbucks if you haven't been properly trained on food safety and certified. very big no no.

Yeah that me why I say “sure go on break whenever you want, don’t ask me. Just flip your lights off... our Starbucks won’t even ring out an icee even though they can so I’ll step behind the counter and ring that but that’s the most I’ll do. Cause once again that’s my leaders pushing me to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back