Archived Call out this Christmas Eve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contemplating whether or not to call out so you can spend time with your family tonight for Christmas Eve? Then do it. Family is not forever, as I learned the hard way. Even a year later I am still angry with myself for not having the balls to call out last Christmas Eve. And I missed out on the last Christmas with an important family member.

Target is definitely not forever, hopefully you will move on from it and finding better like I did. Rebel against their corporate greed and spend Christmas with your family as it isn’t meant to be spent. If enough people call out maybe corporate will learn.

So call out today. Don’t hesitate. Don’t be filled with anger and regret like me. Merry Christmas.

So you’re basically telling people to possibly risk losing their jobs? Also, Christmas Eve is a very busy day and calling out only makes the workload harder on the TM’s that actually showed up for work. We all know what we signed up for. It’s retail.

“It’s retail”

So what? Corporate greed needs to be put under control. Target is not an essential public service.

“It’s retail”

So what? Corporate greed needs to be put under control. Target is not an essential public service.
Yeah Retail. Meaning peak shopping days are Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and Christmas Eve. There’s no way you weren’t informed of that when you were hired. Not sure why people expect those days off especially when you work at Target. Common sense

Yeah Retail. Meaning peak shopping days are Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and Christmas Eve. There’s no way you weren’t informed of that when you were hired. Not sure why people expect those days off especially when you work at Target. Common sense

I know of at least 3 people at my store who weren't scheduled.

Also keep in mind that Spot didn't always stay open until 10 pm on XMas Eve or open @ 5 pm on Thanksgiving! Heck, being open on TGiving at all is a relatively recent development. So what was the norm when people started at Spot is not the norm now.

Also keep in mind that Spot didn't always stay open until 10 pm on XMas Eve or open @ 5 pm on Thanksgiving! Heck, being open on TGiving at all is a relatively recent development. So what was the norm when people started at Spot is not the norm now.
I seem to remember Target stayed open until 6 or something like that on major holidays.

OP is encouraging TMs who are on the fence about it to go ahead and do it. Not that everyone should as a protest.

They didn't ask off. Just not scheduled. One pricing team member and 2 pog team members.

Yeah but that pricing TM will be there the asscrack of dawn on boxing day or even Xmas day marking clearance. POG will probably be pricing for the next couple days to get it all marked and moved so they can clear Xmas and set the next one.. I just happened to score Xmas eve off as my normal day off.

People want to bitch they didn't get the day off, you know what don't fucking expect it off. Or request it back in August so you have a chance at it.

You know there are 24 hours in a day, right? Organize your life better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back