Archived Called in but was told I was being marked NCNS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My shift was for 8am but I called in at 8:15am. I was told that I was being marked a NCNS even though I called in, just 15mins after my scheduled shift. I understand I should call in before my scheduled shift but I've been told I'd have up to 2 hours after my shift to call in before it's marked NCNS. I'm a bit ticked off because I had a NCNS put on me several weeks ago when I called in and wasn't aware I needed to talk to a LOD directly and the person I talked to didn't tell anyone.

I mentioned to the LOD that I was told I had up to 2hrs after my shift before it was marked NCNS, he told me to discuss it with HR when I'm in next.

Working at Starbucks & calling in after your shift starts, not a good thing. Your opener will have to handle all guests alone.

It highly suggested to call in before your shift had started. So that your mgt could get a replacement cover your shift.

My shift was for 8am but I called in at 8:15am. I was told that I was being marked a NCNS even though I called in, just 15mins after my scheduled shift. I understand I should call in before my scheduled shift but I've been told I'd have up to 2 hours after my shift to call in before it's marked NCNS. I'm a bit ticked off because I had a NCNS put on me several weeks ago when I called in and wasn't aware I needed to talk to a LOD directly and the person I talked to didn't tell anyone.

I mentioned to the LOD that I was told I had up to 2hrs after my shift before it was marked NCNS, he told me to discuss it with HR when I'm in next.

You have call in 2 hours early, Not 2 hours after like whoever told you that shit.

whoops I was wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Take it up with HR. I've always heard you have up to two hours after your shift starts before its marked as NCNS.

The handbook says you have up to two hours after the start of your shift to call in before it's marked as NCNS. Definitely take it up with HR next time you work.

Thank you, I'll have to get the handbook from my car and look for it. Do you happen to know where exactly in the book it states that? I can look, just wanted to verify with you where to look.

Team members should have body cams with mics on them at all time when working. ETLs and STLs would snap necks and burn the place down before that amazing idea happened.

If you called our store records incoming phone numbers so it's quite check able. But yes you should take the name of the person who took your call, as that's always the question "well who did you talk to", getting the LOD isn't necessary the person answering the phones should tell the LOD, LOD has more things to do than to field phonecalls.

You shouldnt be marked as aNCNS if you called 15 min after your shift started. I would definitely talk with your hr/etl. Also, although I don't call in often if I do, I will only talk with a etl that way I know the etl knows. I also call from my cell phone so my phones call log shows the date and time and duration of the call. I say this all the time. Cover your hiney...cause Spot will over theirs!

Two Hours on either side of your start time for your shift, you have to call in... After two hours, your deemed as a NCNS.... However Id certainly try to call in before your shift, its the professional thing to do... It won't look good for you, if you call in after the fact that your suppose to be there.

If you know you're not able to come in to work, the decent thing to do is call before your shift starts not 15 minutes after when everyone is wondering if you're showing up unless it's an obvious emergency.

I'm aware of that and normally I do give a heads up before my shift. But I woke up not feeling well, most mornings I don't feel well in general. Mornings are very rough on me. So I waited to see if I'd feel better because typically I do. I didn't feel better so I called. I figured if I did feel better it'd be better going in a few minutes late ( I live 5mins from my store). I was honestly trying to just deal with it but I ended up feeling worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back