Archived Called out and seasonal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to call out yesterday because I couldn’t stop throwing up.

But I’m seasonal at guest service and wanted to stay on with the company.

Guess I should look for other jobs..

How often do seasonal TMs even get to stay on?

Don't jump the gun yet.
How long have you been with spot & how many times have you called out?

I’ve been with Spot since September 25 and this was my only call out.

You’ll be fine. As long as it’s not a pattern and you express you want to stay on, they’ll keep you.

HR understands that people get sick. The issue is when there is a pattern...call out every time you are scheduled in the morning, or twice a month sort of thing.

Just because you say you want to stay on doesn’t mean you’ll be kept though. I think that’s a bit inaccurate to assume.

Being seasonal is like being a temp at a temp agency. Plan for dismissal as soon as the project is finished, but work like you want to go permanent.

Humans get sick; it's understandable. Don't use callouts for stupid stuff and you won't get canned.

Keep working hard – it's incredibly hard to find good people to work Guest Service so you've got a leg up on that. Keep up the good work.

As much as people want to say dont worry, things don't always turn out rosy because you want them too. People get sick for their job interviews and it can cost them that job. It may not particularly be your fault but it doesn't really matter. Were you able to determine the cause throwing up? Do you have bad sleep patterns or eat poorly? Were you out drinking all night? If you don't take care of yourself then you really don't have anyone else but to blame yourself when your health gets you in trouble.

If you plan to stay you need to work at your peak to impress, and the holiday is a marathon. Just like in the olympics, for several weeks you need to sleep right and eat right to be at the top of your game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back