Archived Calling In

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I need to call out on Sunday what time of day do I do it (I work at 1:30pm) and do I call the store and if so who do I ask for and if not what number should I call.

It is for a school activity so I don't think there should be any issues and HR even said I should call in I just dont know how.

Should there be any issues if I just started a few weeks ago as this is for high school?

Not sure since all stores are different, just explain to the LOD your situation, or if possible talk to your Team Lead to see if it's possible (if your store does this) to do a swap shift to see if someone can cover your area. Though if not then, you're responsible for your shift.

Ok...I just have to ask.

What school activity occurs on a Sunday?
How long have you been with the Target?

It is an extracurricular. Thing is I have been with them for about 3 weeks and I talked to mgmt and they said put it up on Kronos and if it doesn't get taken call in but I am worried I will get in trouble for calling out. Also when do I call out?

It is an extracurricular. Thing is I have been with them for about 3 weeks and I talked to mgmt and they said put it up on Kronos and if it doesn't get taken call in but I am worried I will get in trouble for calling out. Also when do I call out?

Call out on the day that you can’t come in, as early as possible, and definitely before your shift starts. Tell whoever answers the phone that you are calling in and ask to speak to the LOD. Be aware that calling in during your probationary period may be held against you. Leadership is not fond of calling in even when you are sick, so they may view calling in for a school activity in a very negative light. If someone else picks up your shift you should be o.k. Depends on the situation and your leadership. In the future if you know that you will need a certain day off far enough in advance, let whoever makes your schedule know that you need the day off. It has to be approved, but you have a better chance of getting the day off if you ask before the schedule is written. Good luck.

You can call out any time up to 2 hours before your shift so 11:30 would be the latest. I'd look at your performance and how well your TL/ETL like you. I'd also not make it a habit in your 90 days. Request days off in advance and try to get people to cover your shift or switch shifts. Don't rely on TL or HR to do this as things happen and they may forget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back