Archived Calling other Target Stores for Guests/How to use Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, I have 2 questions for you all relating to calling other Target stores for guests and using the phones in general:

1. Guests will often ask me when I am working at the service desk to call another store for them and ask if they have something in stock, if they will hold something for them, etc. Usually that is no problem and I don't mind doing it at all, however, it can be a little tricky when we are extremely busy since it takes me away from helping other guests for an extended period of time (those phone conversations never seem to be quick). I typically do it anyway even though it makes things difficult because I feel bad saying no and I'm not sure if I should/how I should approach this situation. Should I politely tell them that I am not able to call for them at this time because it is so busy or should I just go ahead and call for them and make other guests wait?

2. This one seems kind of stupid, but no one working at the front end at my store seems to be very knowledgeable about how the phones work, and as such, I was never given much information about them from the get-go. I know how to answer an incoming call and place someone on hold, but that is about it. People have told me to just use my cell phone to call other stores for guests because it is difficult to call out to other stores from our phones. This is what I have done since it is all I have been told to do, but I know that it is ridiculous! So could someone tell me how to place an outgoing call to another Target store? lol... On that same note, how do you transfer a call to another department in your store? I have worked for Target for several months but no one ever told me/showed me how to do this and whenever I ask someone at my store they do not seem to know either. 🤦‍🤦

1) offer to give guests the phone number and DPCI if they're looking for an item. you should never offer to call another store.

2) just use your own phone if it's easier. press talk and then 21+(80,81,82,83,84, or 85). you will hear three beeps. then you can hang up and the call will be parked on the line you selected.

You can use the phone at guest service to call the other store. Just press 9 and then dial the phone # for the other store. Next to the phone at the service desk at my store we have the phone numbers for the two closest stores written. There’s also a way to dial directly to other stores using their 4 digit store # but I forget how to do it right now

If it is too busy for you to call the store for the other guest, you can either 1) say “unfortunately I can’t call them for you but I can give you their phone number and you can call them”
2) call over someone else to help you (GSA, snag a random guest service trained sales floor TM, etc.) and have them watch the desk while you make the call

We seem to be having a lot or problems using the Zebra to call out. Anytime someone's tried it in the last month or so, it's screwed up the entire system for taking calls after that until we get it reset.
Not sure if that's just the way we're wired.

My team just kindly informs the guest that our devices don't currently work to make outside calls, and ask that guest if they want the other store item #s.
I would never ask a TM to use their personal phone unless the TM themselves offered. Once I'm asking someone to use their personal property for work, it puts the store in a bad position if something happens to that property on the clock.

My team just kindly informs the guest that our devices don't currently work to make outside calls, and ask that guest if they want the other store item #s.

This is what I do. I was unaware of Zebra issues, I just have too many other things that I need to be doing rather than acting as a guest's personal secretary.

I got a guest complaint over the holiday season because I gave a guest the number and dpci and told her she could call. Mind you, I was one of two at guest service and our line was curving past the entrances.. probably about 15+ deep. ETL came over and made me call.

It’s so easy to make that call as a guest. It’s not like team members have some secret ability to make the call that guests just cannot. And we have sooooo many target’s right around us, so we get asked to call all the time.... and then they want me to try another store when that one is out and ugggh.

You can use the phone at guest service to call the other store. Just press 9 and then dial the phone # for the other store. Next to the phone at the service desk at my store we have the phone numbers for the two closest stores written. There’s also a way to dial directly to other stores using their 4 digit store # but I forget how to do it right now

If it is too busy for you to call the store for the other guest, you can either 1) say “unfortunately I can’t call them for you but I can give you their phone number and you can call them”
2) call over someone else to help you (GSA, snag a random guest service trained sales floor TM, etc.) and have them watch the desk while you make the call

I’m dumb and pressed send without replying. I meant to say “20+store number” is that shortcut.

I got a guest complaint over the holiday season because I gave a guest the number and dpci and told her she could call. Mind you, I was one of two at guest service and our line was curving past the entrances.. probably about 15+ deep. ETL came over and made me call.

It’s so easy to make that call as a guest. It’s not like team members have some secret ability to make the call that guests just cannot. And we have sooooo many target’s right around us, so we get asked to call all the time.... and then they want me to try another store when that one is out and ugggh.
So annoying. Like I literally call the same exact number and talk to the same exact people and say the same thing the guest would say if they were to call. They would just rather stare at you while you do it for them then do it themselves. Sometimes I don’t mind though, sure I’ll take a mini 5-10 break from all the craziness to be on hold with another store while they do a visual check for another item.

Honestly, I don't use the zebra's call app at all, unless someone else physically hands me the phone. I'll either use our GS wireless phone we have, or my own phone if I'm calling another store. I'd rather not use a zebra because it's one less device I have in handy if I need to look up an item or a guest's order while on the phone.

I won't ask to hold since that's against policy with OPU, but I'll call to verify that a product is available on the floor and place an OPU for the guest. If the store isn't busy.

Maybe it's different for guest service, but on the floor (pre-zebra), we didn't have phones anyways. I wouldn't use my personal phone for a guest anyways. My hardlines TM told to tell the guest its store policy not to call, but to give them the number and they can. I see the point, if you have to call multiple stores, you could be standing there 5-10 mins on hold, doing nothing.

Maybe it's different for guest service, but on the floor (pre-zebra), we didn't have phones anyways. I wouldn't use my personal phone for a guest anyways. My hardlines TM told to tell the guest its store policy not to call, but to give them the number and they can. I see the point, if you have to call multiple stores, you could be standing there 5-10 mins on hold, doing nothing.
I work in electronics, so I have direct access to a phone. People on the floor would just get the operator to call another store and put it on hold, then pick up from a red phone. But you know ASANTS. I have no problem calling another store for people if they are nice enough. I get paid per hour not by the amount of work or quality of work I do.

Yeah I wouldn’t do it with my own phone— it’s easier I guess at GS since we have a red phone.

I use my own phone to google the store phone number and then the red guest service phone to call lol I guess I never thought of having surrounding stores’ phone numbers written down that’s smart 😂

Wow so many different responses. Part of going above and beyond and making that guest’s day is doing what you can to locate the item. So if that takes a few extra minutes to help the guest by calling another store then so be it and if you need to call back up to the guest service that’s what you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back