Archived Calling out during my 90 day probation period

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I started at target at the beginning of August. I'm coming up on 60 days, however my question is; About 3 weeks after starting I had an emergency which landed me in the hospital over night, I called out and it was fine, I gave a doctors note and that was that.. But now I have the stomach flu and I called out 2 days and again gave a drs note , I tried going to work today, but was sent home by an LOD before I could even clock in, because I'm still sick, she said to call tomorrow if I'm still sick, my question is, will I get fired for this? I'm always on time, I get red cards and have been complemented by leaders and customers alike for my work.

So, I started at target at the beginning of August. I'm coming up on 60 days, however my question is; About 3 weeks after starting I had an emergency which landed me in the hospital over night, I called out and it was fine, I gave a doctors note and that was that.. But now I have the stomach flu and I called out 2 days and again gave a drs note , I tried going to work today, but was sent home by an LOD before I could even clock in, because I'm still sick, she said to call tomorrow if I'm still sick, my question is, will I get fired for this? I'm always on time, I get red cards and have been complemented by leaders and customers alike for my work.

Could go either way.

If you are vomiting or have diarrhea health code says you can't handle food. That is probably why you were sent away. But I would call the ETL that sent you home and ask. If anything, it would show that you don't want to be off work.

If I were an ETL I would not term a great employee over it...but I would someone I was on the fence about.

Could go either way.

If you are vomiting or have diarrhea health code says you can't handle food. That is probably why you were sent away. But I would call the ETL that sent you home and ask. If anything, it would show that you don't want to be off work.

If I were an ETL I would not term a great employee over it...but I would someone I was on the fence about.

When I went in I told her I didn't want to call out again , so I came in so they could decide if they wanted me to work or not and that's when she sent me home and said to call tomorrow if I'm still sick. I just get nervous with things like this, I mean I'm not going to be very productive at work when I'm running to the restroom every 20 minutes.

Depends on what state you live in . In CA it’s against the law to fire you if you have a doctors note

Doctors notes will help. I haven’t called out since last time I worked for Spot but last year I had the flu and had to be out for five days. I was in my two weeks ironically, so sadly missed both my new job and some of my last two weeks. Being sick sucks but you genuinely are! Just provide the note and you should be fine. 😊 Sounds like your store is well aware as well.

Depends on what state you live in . In CA it’s against the law to fire you if you have a doctors note

That’s not exactly true.

It’s against the law to terminate or retaliate if you’re using your protected paid sick leave. You don’t need a doctors note. If you’ve used all your protected paid sick leave up, or haven’t earned it yet then they can count it against your reliability.

Doctors notes will help. I haven’t called out since last time I worked for Spot but last year I had the flu and had to be out for five days. I was in my two weeks ironically, so sadly missed both my new job and some of my last two weeks. Being sick sucks but you genuinely are! Just provide the note and you should be fine. 😊 Sounds like your store is well aware as well.

I called this morning and talked to the ETL on duty, who is also the guy that hired me. He was made aware of my situation by the LOD I had spoken to yesterday and was very understanding and when I said I would go get another drs. note, he said it wasn't necessary and to just take care of myself and that they would see me on Friday (my next day on). I'm hoping that this will not effect my job.

If someone calls off in their first 90 I am usually very understanding about it. NCNS's however I have started becoming way more strict about inside of 90 days.

I think that upper mgt likes them. Communication is the key. Potential hire success is a keeper for spot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back