Calling out under a final warning

Im a few months into a final warning, and i’m wondering if im still allowed to call out? last time i called out they threatened to fire me over it but now i’m unsure if i’m able to in general because of it. apparently there’s a blizzard coming my way and i’m not able to drive in the snow so i think it would be safer to stay home.

I would at least make an attempt or say that you did. Do not call out the night before. I think because the call out is weather related, you would be safe, this time.

I'm so sorry you're in this situation. Im sure if you speak to hr and let them know that the roads are blocked or going to be blocked due to the extreme weather they will understand. My advice, call hr and explain your situation.

If you were to get fired for "refusing" to come in during an abnormally extreme blizzard situation (like what happened the past few days in parts of Wyoming and Colorado), you might have grounds for challenging them if you pursue an unemployment claim. Just keep a few screen prints of three or four local news stories about extremely inclement weather on the days you can't come in. Obviously, if you can safely make it in to work that is a preferable situation.

Back