Archived Can a Store Be a Black Hole?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our store is bad. 3 STLs in 6 years. ETLs try to transfer, but can't because their work centers are red. I know STL terms are short because they either get promoted, go fix another store, or get fired. The STL we have now is really good, but I don't see how he can turn the store around. Is he going to get fired or do you think Target will realize that it is not him.

There is a black hole store in my district. No one who goes there ever leaves except by quitting or getting fired.

My last store was definitely a blackhole when I left. It was one of the 1st smaller market stores in the region. It was great for a while. It even beat some of the larger market stores for a small while. But with lack of good leadership placement and lack of interest by Corporate to expand and remodel the store, and the growth of more modern stores within the immediate area, it soon became a joke in the district.

Till this day, it had been opened for nearly 20 years. And the only remodel work done was the removal of the grill/fryers from FA and the restrooms.

Usually it was the place where they decided to place ETLs with lacking experience or poor performance. It was a highly biased and favoritism environment. Parents and kids working together and get positions over more experienced TMs.

Through me you pass into the city of woe:
Through me you pass into eternal pain:
Through me among the people lost for aye.
Justice the founder of my fabric moved:
To rear me was the task of Power divine,
Supremest Wisdom, and primeval Love.
Before me things create were none, save things
Eternal, and eternal I endure.
All hope abandon, ye who enter here

We've had 3 STL's in the past 2 years. All 3 left Target completely. We didn't have one at all for 4th quarter. I don't know when we'll be getting another.

The last store I was in was an STL parade running pretty much 1 a year. At one point we had an STL leave a new one transfer in had our meeting on what he wanted to do with the store, that lasted 2 weeks and they decided to move him some place else, then his replacement came we had our meeting then a week later he was also gone, then we had nobody but, the STL from the closest store coming by a couple times a week for a couple months then we got our new STL, who lasted about a year but spent half of it in Canada.

How long does an STL usually stay at one store? I've never really thought about ours leaving. It would really be rough. Despite any problems we have we're very loyal our STL. He/she is the best boss I've ever known of. I don't even want to think about it.

I mean he was pretty much great team superhero at his last store, so they have to know. Guess I'll just wait and see.

How long does an STL usually stay at one store? I've never really thought about ours leaving. It would really be rough. Despite any problems we have we're very loyal our STL. He/she is the best boss I've ever known of. I don't even want to think about it.
I think if they do a good job, they have the option to fix another store or move up, but they don't have to if they want to stay.

The "typical" time frame for ETL and higher is 18 months. Nothing has been "typical" for at least 3 years, though.

We definitely have one blackhole in our district. I think it's a great team survey focus store (or something along those lines...) too.

This anonymous thing is nifty, so I can name stores!

There are two Targets in Commack, NY. One in Commack (T-1108) and one in South Commack (T-1387) that's in a weird location and doesn't do much business. So much so that everyone in the district would call it "Slomack"...they still haven't gotten P-Fresh. Every time I look at Target store closings I can't believe they're not on the list. There are several Targets in the area that take away their business are in better locations. So it was a black hole for the most part for staff.

Because my store is a low volume store, noob STL's are sent there to learn the ropes and when they do, they are off to higher volume stores to learn even more.

That's just how Spot does things...

Ours was at our store for 5+ years. they left for health reasons.

The first store I worked at, the STL had put in about 20 years at that one store (about 15 years at the helm and about 5 prior as a TM before graduating and going to business collage). It was a very tight-knit team with a lot of TMs with over a decade at that store.

On average Stls stay in my store about a year and a half( I am in a ULV store). We tend to get all the freshly promoted stls (since we are a smaller store ) Some of the Stls we have had...I don't know how they manage to breathe and walk at the same time...let alone how someone thought they would be able to run a store and team.

The first store I worked at, the STL had put in about 20 years at that one store (about 15 years at the helm and about 5 prior as a TM before graduating and going to business collage). It was a very tight-knit team with a lot of TMs with over a decade at that store.
That sounds great.

That sounds great.
The culture was great most of the time but you could definitely tell there was some favoritism going on. The more senior (meaning more time with the store) TLs were good friends with the STL so that played a role in a lot of store politics. As long as you were good with the right people, then things kind of went your way.

My store's entire ETL staff has turned over three times in the less than three years I've been at my store, and most of the ones that left quit Target. I'd say I'm at a black hole store.

Only one has left and stayed with the company. Out of 11 that have left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back