Archived Can a store have the entire summer blocked off for no time-off requests?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems that the STL has decided not to approve any vacation leave or unpaid time-off (1-2 weeks max) for the entire summer for the whole store. Can he/she do that?

I understand why they do it over the holidays and during BTS, but June to August, no leave approved at all? Is this happening anywhere else?

Asking for a friend. Really. I no longer work at Target. :)

I suppose if several people already have and they don't want massive amounts of people off

It seems that the STL has decided not to approve any vacation leave or unpaid time-off (1-2 weeks max) for the entire summer for the whole store. Can he/she do that?

I understand why they do it over the holidays and during BTS, but June to August, no leave approved at all? Is this happening anywhere else?

Who knows anymore? There used to be clear guidelines. Now? Who can really say. One store will enforce company standards while another has their own.

I say just put in the request anyway. As long as 10 other people didn't ask for that week already, they may approve it. Just do it as early as possible.

It seems so strange. Everyone (mostly) is low on hours. If TM's are off, the TM's that aren't off, could get 20-40 hours, instead of 4-12 hours. Having TM's work 30-40 hours for a couple of weeks, is not going to push them into full-time status.

Isnt that considered illegal in some states. I feel like a similar conversation happened over the mythical blacck out dates for the holidays.
Probably not illegal, since now the majority of TM's don't even get enough hours to earn vacation, but it does seem to be against company policy. (If there even is one anymore...)

It’s not illegal to black out time off as far as I know. In my years at target the only black out dates for us have been Black Friday, but people still got off because of “reasons” I’m fairly sure if you called the hotline they would fix that.

I say just put in the request anyway. As long as 10 other people didn't ask for that week already, they may approve it. Just do it as early as possible.
This. Give your Team Leader a chance to approve it. Also, mention it to them. It should pop up in their mytime. They can approve it if it is visible to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back