Archived Can I change to a different department?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been working at the Starbucks for about 4 days. Very fun job, nice managers, nothing wrong with it really, but I was wondering if there's any way I can change departments. Like to salesfloor or front lane or something.
Sorry if I sound dumb, the only other place I've had a job at was a fast food joint so I don't know much about retail. Thanks in advance! :)

You'll need to wait at least 90 days before even thinking about it.

You may be able to start picking up cashier shifts though.

Most people generally cannot get out of the area they were hired for. Sure, they can cross train, but many tend to be stuck in their original department for the majority of their hours.

Also, do you really want to take the pay cut?

If you were hired for Starbucks, you'll have to talk to your TL.
That's a specialty area & they don't always like to hire someone only to see them go elsewhere.

That's true. I don't remember any Starbucks tm ever becoming a regular target tm, unless their promoting into a team lead.

Most people generally cannot get out of the area they were hired for. Sure, they can cross train, but many tend to be stuck in their original department for the majority of their hours.

This is the clearest example of favoritism at my store. The TMs management likes get to move around as they please. Someone like me gets "transferred" to another work center for five months straight and then gets dumped back to their original work center because management hired a bunch of newbies.

My store likes to have baristas cross trained to provide backup for sbux. Start there. Many of my team like to have some variety at work. You may feel the same. Also, you'll get to keep the higher wage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back