Can I get away with wearing these? Thoughts?

I guess it just depends on how strict your store is about following the dress code.
I've been in a few stores recently where it doesn't seem to matter at all.
However at my store it would absolutely not fly. We are very particular about them being solid with no holes or frays.
They're cute as hell though.

From a leadership perspective, no.

From a personal perspective, why would you want to wear these to work? They're very cute, but those pants are JUST BEGGING: 1. Ooooh, let me get you caught up on this rack, other person, etc. 2. Oooh, let me trip you up with my length!! 3. HEY!! Throw trash at me!!! (Compactor spillage, guests dropping stuff, tm spills, etc). 4. Oooh, it's hot enough, but combined with all the work you'll be doing, let me shrink and split SO that you can never wear me again.

Please don't think I'm being a smart-aleck. Definitely get them for your next night out. They're just a bad idea in every which way work-related.

Used to love bell-bottoms. When they made a comeback in the 90s (thanks to That 70s Show) I was like hell yea.

Now, after getting used to and eventually growing to love skinny jeans and pants, I don't think I could go back. Even boot cut is too wide. Skinny jeans stay clean (no dirty hems), fit comfortably, don't get caught on things, and fit nicely inside boots.

At my store you’d probably be able to wear these yes lol just look around for a little bit at what other people wear. Also you might as well just wear them and be told to not wear them next time if anyone even notices than to ask permission and they say no.

They are great for a club or an office where you don't need to physically be able to move around like we do. It's cute but the store isn't the right place for them as a worker, shopper sure but not for work.

I wear jeans with some tears in them, cause they are the ones that got tore up at work and they refused to requisition new ones so I wear them to work. I told HR he should be grateful I washed the bloodstains out of them.. They got ripped when I tripped over some shrinkwrap that was hung up in a tub wheel and I shredded the knee out of the jeans and my own skin when I landed on the concrete. He hasn't said a word since.

I don't think construction on the first Target store had even finished before these became a thing, so imma just go ahead and say NO.

Those aren't professional in the slightest, unless your profession is selling hemp jewelry and incense at a fair or selling your looks.

And I'm a little disturbed that you don't see they aren't professional at all.
You misread. I said more professional than the red soccer shirts some people wear. Never said they were professional, but can’t tell you how many times a day guest ask where I get my other bell bottoms from. If target sold ‘em, they’d fly off the shelves.

I'm old enough to have worn bell bottoms the first time they were a thing. (My favorite pair was bright purple - oooh cool, right?) They were sort of dumb then, and I can't say they impress me as all that smart this time around.
My store's dress code is very lax, and some design work is ok on jeans pockets, but I doubt these would go over. It's just too much pattern.
And all that fabric at the hem line is begging to get caught on a loose base deck or some such thing.

Wait till some blue ink or grease from boxes or tv’s, get on them. They look unprofessional to me, too.
Been there, done that...but hey no blacks at my store so it’s a problem with any pants. Don’t take my post too seriously though, a girl can only dream. 😌

Back