Can I get in trouble for not reporting a conflict of interest?

Our store has a front end TL who regularly parties and hangs out with his front end TM's, along with sleeping with some of his female TM's. I haven't attended any of their recent outings, but the big rumor that I'm hearing right now is that there was an incident where he got drunk at a party and threatened all of his TM's if they ever made any mention of his attendance. Apparently someone filed a report to the Integrity Hotline and now the ETL's and the DSD are investigating. I'm worried because this might all find a way back to me.

I didn't have any involvement in the event, but I have had prior knowledge of this front end TL hanging out with his TM's, which is obviously a conflict of interest. I'm just wondering if I can actually get into trouble for this. Could I be reprimanded for not reporting to the ETL's about the front end and his TM's spending time together? I've known about his activites for the better part of a year and I don't want to get dragged down in this.

I had mentioned in a prior thread that I put in my two weeks, but I had to rescind since my new job simply didn't pan out how I wanted, so now I'm stuck at Target still for the time being. I still plan on leaving, but I don't want to get fired and I need to keep this job for the time being.

Looks like the series got renewed after all! I was worried this show got cancelled.

Yeah you're probably looking at jail time. Snitches get stitches though, so you made the right choice.

If it comes down to it, make sure they know you only support TLs hanging out with other TLs and that you wouldn't dare to even share a donut with an underling.

Looks like the series got renewed after all! I was worried this show got cancelled.

Yeah you're probably looking at jail time. Snitches get stitches though, so you made the right choice.

If it comes down to it, make sure they know you only support TLs hanging out with other TLs and that you wouldn't dare to even share a donut with an underling.
Cut the fucking jokes. I'm asking a serious question and I want a serious answer.

If it’s a rumor that he got drunk with them, that means you weren’t there so how would this get back to you? Dumbass, you can’t be in trouble for not spreading a rumor you heard.
Like seriously, your stories are getting worse. They have too many flaws.

If it’s a rumor that he got drunk with them, that means you weren’t there so how would this get back to you? Dumbass, you can’t be in trouble for not spreading a rumor you heard.
Like seriously, your stories are getting worse. They have too many flaws.
It’s not about the drunk incident. It’s about my knowledge of him hanging out and hooking up with his TM’s and me not informing management. There’s also the fact that that I’ve occasionally given the front end TL advice on how to evade suspicion. I’m afraid that he’s going to rat me out.

It’s not about the drunk incident. It’s about my knowledge of him hanging out and hooking up with his TM’s and me not informing management. There’s also the fact that that I’ve occasionally given the front end TL advice on how to evade suspicion. I’m afraid that he’s going to rat me out.
How is he going to rat you out without ratting him self out!! Seriously dude get a life. Your made up Bs was entertaining for a while but, now it’s just annoying.

How is he going to rat you out without ratting him self out!! Seriously dude get a life. Your made up Bs was entertaining for a while but, now it’s just annoying.
I wouldn’t think that he’s going to rat himself out, but it could reach a point where the evidence against him is so overwhelming that he sees the writing on the wall and just decides to take everyone down with him.

I wouldn’t think that he’s going to rat himself out, but it could reach a point where the evidence against him is so overwhelming that he sees the writing on the wall and just decides to take everyone down with him.

Playing this absolutely serious, you are leaving soon so why do you care?
Finish you two weeks and get out.
Whatever happens will happen after you are gone.

Taking this as a moderator, don't get snotty with people who take your posts as a joke.
They have every right too.

This is like the 20th time you've asked if you could get in trouble for something. Why don't you just stop doing things that you think might get you in trouble? Just go in, do your job, and leave it at the door when you leave.

And if you say something like "Because I want to do what I want to do, and I'm not missing out on this or that", well, then I got nothing else for you. Take chances and take the consequences.

Previous chapters of the op:
Being treated unfairly:
www.thebreakroom.org

My fellow TL's are setting me up for failure.

I'm a GMTL who's being treated very unfairly by all of the other TL's at my store and I don't even know where to begin. For starters, we have one annoying guy at the registers who always puts on a stupid voice whenever he gets on the walkie to ask guest service for more change. One day he'll do...
www.thebreakroom.org
www.thebreakroom.org
Noise on the walkie:
www.thebreakroom.org

How much trouble would I be in for deliberately making noise on the walkie?

I've reached my breaking point with this place. I've only been a TL for a couple of months, but I'm already dealing with TM's who talk shit about me behind my back, a backroom overflowing with freight, and ETL's who don't support any type of actual leadership decisions that I try to make. I've...
www.thebreakroom.org
www.thebreakroom.org
New sd
www.thebreakroom.org

I hate my SD's new rules.

My store has a new SD after our last one quit without notice roughly a month ago. Me and this new SD actually have a good relationship. We quickly formed a solid camaraderie and he ended up being the one to give me that final push into being promoted to a GMTL. This promotion was something that...
www.thebreakroom.org
www.thebreakroom.org
Partying & dating
www.thebreakroom.org

What power does the SD have for off the clock events?

This past Saturday night was a party for me and my usual group of co-workers whom I regularly hang out and party with. We try to keep these parties and gatherings secret since our SD and other ETL's don't like us getting together (as if it's their business) but this latest party was our biggest...
www.thebreakroom.org
www.thebreakroom.org
www.thebreakroom.org

Does this hurt my chances at becoming a leader?

A couple of nights ago, I went to the apartment of one of my GM co-workers and she was basically just hosting a get together for some people at work to hang out and have some fun. There was about 10 of us ( a mix of some members from GM, electronics, and the front end) and it was basically just...
www.thebreakroom.org
www.thebreakroom.org
www.thebreakroom.org

Being in development and having a crush on a team member.

I'm a GM team member who's currently in development for a lead role. One of our GM leaders is officially leaving the company next week and my SD and HR ETL have both been having some talks with me about my development and the plan going forward. My SD gave me the "My Development Plan" worksheet...
www.thebreakroom.org
www.thebreakroom.org

Last edited: Aug 29, 2022

Last edited:
So looking over one of your past threads, you said all of the other TLs in the store were setting you up for failure. If that were true, why would you give advice to one about how to be shady?

Like I said, just go in and do your job and keep your nose clean. If you are really worried about getting fired, then don't gossip with anyone and don't help other TLS or TMs do shady things - just do your job the best you can.

I don't think you could get fired for just hearing someone was doing something that could get them in trouble, unless you witnessed it first-hand. Unless it was something like stealing.

You "have no involvement" and state these are rumors, which indicates that there is no proof. You literally know nothing and sound like an instigating troublemaker and rumor monger. This sort of unsavory reputation could eventually get you fired, but it would more likely be for spreading rumors about a coworker for which you have no foundation and sullying their reputation, creating a hostile work environment.

You will be fired for sure. This goes against the handbook. Specifically page 52. It states that when a leader is aware of rumors of inappropriate behavior that another leader is displaying, it needs to be reported the exact minute you hear about it. I am sure they’re onto you and you’re probably going to be fired when you clock in during your next shift. Get ahead of the game and resign effective immediately so they don’t get you first!

Back