Archived Can I return?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KellBell

Team Member: Hardlines
Hi, everybody. I'm fairly new to Target, been here since just before last Halloween. I made it past probation and didn't get cut. Yay. However, I'd been looking for another part-time job to help with bills and have landed an actual full-time one instead. I love Target, but the pay is better and the job doesn't require me to show up before 4 am and unload a truck ranging from 2k-2700 5 days out of the week. The only hang-up being that the job is only for 6 months so...I it possible to come back to the same Target?
I know I probably still have to go through the interview process all over again, but I'm okay with that. Would I be allowed back?
I'll be giving my two-week notice tomorrow morning.
PS
Thank you

Since the other job sounds like it would be temporary and you enjoy working for Target, try asking your HR to go on what is called LOA (Leave of Absence). When asked what's the reason, say family member or something to that degree. That way, you can Still be in "The system" and won't lose your "tenure" with your Target.

What about keeping a small amount of availability at Target while you work the other full time job? That way you stay in the books, keep your emplyee discounts active, and have a little extra money. The downside to this is that you're working 6 days a week, which means cramming housework, social, etc into a smaller window. But if the other job is only 6 months, it might be worth it.

What about keeping a small amount of availability at Target while you work the other full time job? That way you stay in the books, keep your emplyee discounts active, and have a little extra money. The downside to this is that you're working 6 days a week, which means cramming housework, social, etc into a smaller window. But if the other job is only 6 months, it might be worth it.
This. For example we have a TM that works a full time regular office job, and then just works 4-9 on Sunday for signing. She keeps her discount, only works 5 hours a week, and is in the system still. Also doesn’t even take up really any of her Sunday, she can still go to church or whatever she wants afterwords. It’s super smart imo.

Thank you, everybody. You've all been so helpful and I am very appreciative

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back