Archived Can I Transfer twice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,

I just transferred to a target about a week ago and I’m really enjoying the store itself but the people and where the store is located not so much...
I want to transfer to California where I’m from but I’m in a target in Minnesota do you think they will be upset that I don’t want to be with them at this target after they just let me in?
Will they even help me transfer or do I have to wait another 90 days?

Thanks,

Little back story I work the truck I haul everything from the truck onto the line, and everyone loves me here but I’m honestly not feeling it here I enjoyed my last target but I had a housing issue so I came here but I don’t like this store exactly plus I’m not from Minnesota so it’s adding more stress on me too.
. 8596

i want to say something possibly snarky but I don't want to so I'll try to put it this way;

I bet you wish you would have thought of this BEFORE you transferred to a store in Minnesota. Just wait it out, see what happens, and if after Q4 you're still not happy... just say you're thinking of moving to California back home and that you would need another transfer for that. Second thoughts are normal, but sometimes you need to doubt your own second thoughts. Staying at a store for a week after going through an entire transfer process and then going "yeah not for me" will be inconveniencing to everyone around you but most importantly you went through the entire transfer and wasted YOUR time. Your time is wasted with this, the store's time is wasted, the effort to transfer you to this store is wasted, you get the gist.

It doesn't hurt to ask again, the worst you can get is "no" or "But we just transferred you here..?" and get judged hardcore, but if you're considering this after only a week, I don't think you care much about what others might think about you. Anyways, what ever you decide, I know you'll only post here once or twice and begone for the rest of your life, but you're in total control of yourself only. Just do you, boo.

Asking us doesn't give you permission or validation to transfer after just a week.

The simple fact that you're asking here suggests you already know the answer to your question.

I've worked with TMs who transferred around some because a spouse moved or they moved for school. But they didn't transfer so quickly! As others have suggested, stick around for at least a few months. The store you transferred to doesn't have to invest as much to get you up to speed as they would with a new hire off the street, but still, you won't make yourself attractive to your current store's leadership or a prospective one if you appear to be a job-hopper. Retail is high turnover, but there's still a reasonable expectation that a TM will stay for some time longer than a few weeks.

i want to say something possibly snarky but I don't want to so I'll try to put it this way;

I bet you wish you would have thought of this BEFORE you transferred to a store in Minnesota. Just wait it out, see what happens, and if after Q4 you're still not happy... just say you're thinking of moving to California back home and that you would need another transfer for that. Second thoughts are normal, but sometimes you need to doubt your own second thoughts. Staying at a store for a week after going through an entire transfer process and then going "yeah not for me" will be inconveniencing to everyone around you but most importantly you went through the entire transfer and wasted YOUR time. Your time is wasted with this, the store's time is wasted, the effort to transfer you to this store is wasted, you get the gist.

It doesn't hurt to ask again, the worst you can get is "no" or "But we just transferred you here..?" and get judged hardcore, but if you're considering this after only a week, I don't think you care much about what others might think about you. Anyways, what ever you decide, I know you'll only post here once or twice and begone for the rest of your life, but you're in total control of yourself only. Just do you, boo.
Damn that is the most ruthless savage response I can get, I had no where else I was able to go since me and my mom were evicted in Indiana so some people invited me to stay with them in Minnesota etcetc I literally have no problem with how the work is I love my job and how I do things just the fact that the people I’m working with expect so much out of me at this target as if I’m a god because I unload the truck my other target was chill and genuine and everyone was pretty much on the same level.
I talked it over with family last night if anything I won’t plan on leaving ideally before snow hits Minnesota so late October or So.

Asking us doesn't give you permission or validation to transfer after just a week.

The simple fact that you're asking here suggests you already know the answer to your question.
I didn’t ask you guys as if I needed permission I just wanted feedback not some witty comeback I literally was just asking a question idky im getting all these snarky comments like I said I hated target or something.

I would suck it up and wait 90 days. You'd have a hard time finding a store accepting you if they find out you were only at another store for a week or two. Not worth the effort for them.
I talked this over with family last night I intend on staying for at least a month or so I been with target for about a year now , I’m just curious if that is a appropriate wait time or should I really stay for another 90 days

Stay as long as you can, but in the end, you have to do what is right for you. But when asking for the transfer avoid mentioning the tm, the workload, the atmosphere, the way things are ‘at this store vs. the other’. Keep it simple: I NEED to move, will you please put in a good word for me as a transfer so I can continue working at Target ? If not, leave on good terms and apply when you get there.

Stay as long as you can, but in the end, you have to do what is right for you. But when asking for the transfer avoid mentioning the tm, the workload, the atmosphere, the way things are ‘at this store vs. the other’. Keep it simple: I NEED to move, will you please put in a good word for me as a transfer so I can continue working at Target ? If not, leave on good terms and apply when you get there.
Just the proper response I could ask for much thanks I sincerely do enjoy target and my position I will leave a impression that they want at this Target and make them honored to transfer me to California in good terms and confidence.

If you have an opportunity to check out other spots first, before you move is suggested. I would wait 90 days & prove how good you are, first. Every spot store has different mgt styles. Some are super mods & some spot's are partial mods.

Your first transfer can be really really tough. Ive done it 4 times in 20+ years. The store may be great but they do things different. Nothing feels familiar. There is no constant, at home or at work. No matter how good you are at your job you can just feel out of place. Give it a go if possible at least through 4th quarter. You may be surprised once you get through that tough phase where you simple feel out of place, that you really like it. Change can be tough, you must be tougher

Damn that is the most ruthless savage response I can get, I had no where else I was able to go since me and my mom were evicted in Indiana so some people invited me to stay with them in Minnesota etcetc I literally have no problem with how the work is I love my job and how I do things just the fact that the people I’m working with expect so much out of me at this target as if I’m a god because I unload the truck my other target was chill and genuine and everyone was pretty much on the same level.
I talked it over with family last night if anything I won’t plan on leaving ideally before snow hits Minnesota so late October or So.
It gets like that in here, sometimes. Lower TMs get painted with the same broad brush and I think they respond the way they would respond to their own TMs if they could do so anonymously. Kind of like if we had the chance to anonymously respond to bad reviews online. At least I know I would go off on certain guests. Don't take it to heart <3

Your first transfer can be really really tough. Ive done it 4 times in 20+ years. The store may be great but they do things different. Nothing feels familiar. There is no constant, at home or at work. No matter how good you are at your job you can just feel out of place. Give it a go if possible at least through 4th quarter. You may be surprised once you get through that tough phase where you simple feel out of place, that you really like it. Change can be tough, you must be tougher

You know exactly how I’m feeling and I get that, this is new to me I don’t expect it to come easy, if I do stay since last weekend I was offered a roofing commercial job in the same area that pays $19.80 a hour and has medical and dental etc ..
would it be wrong of me to lean more towards this but on good standings?
I was thinking talking to my managers in person about this first and if anything go for a 3 week notice since I told the roofing job I can start the second week of October once I inform Target.
(least I can do instead of a 2 week notice)
I enjoy physical work personally.
What they have me doing at Target is amazing but I’m being offered more than I would get here.

Sounds like great pay and benefits, but construction work can be very seasonal, especially in snow country, so make sure you aren’t left high and dry all winter. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back