Archived Can my store just not allow people to swap shifts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never been on Kronos. Is the schedule more than 2 weeks ahead on there?
No. At my store, we used to get our newest schedule printed out and physically posted on Thursday evening. It usually wouldn't show up on Kronos until Saturday, I think. It's been the other way around for the past few weeks: on Kronos by Thursday night, printed on Saturday. One week, the printed schedule wasn't out until the following Tuesday.

They do it to us. The Kronos website literally says that the schedule is subject to change, so they can change it and we're expected to just suck it up.
I mean, I totally agree with you, but until our printed schedule is out and posted, my STL does whatever the hell she wants. Thursday, Kronos will have me scheduled 25 or more hours. Friday, both Kronos and the printed schedule have me at 15. It didn't happen this week, but it was happening before. And if we say anything, they just quote that bs at us. And our DTL is here every other day practically, so she has to know about it.

The printed schedule is your official schedule. Kronos/Mytime sometimes has changes between the time the schedule was posted online and when it was printed/posted in-store. So if the printed schedule is not posted until Friday at noon, they're allowed to change your Kronos schedule until then. Once it has been printed, however, they cannot change it without your approval. If they do, you have every right to insist on working your original schedule. If you run into problems you can take it up with ETL-HR, Hotline, HRBP, etc. It sounds like your store is changing schedules post-publishing and just hoping not one will raise a fuss about it. It doesn't mean they're right or that they're allowed to do that.

We got word today that most stores were told to start cutting payroll for this month.

That doesn't bode well. That means the Thanksgiving sales week did not go as they had hoped. There's no other reason to be cutting payroll in the busiest month of the year.
Cutting hours NOW? Oh that's a good idea. Hard to provide great guest service when TMs aren't there. And unloading the truck? Don't tell me the ETLs are going to actually work the line? I'd pay to see that happen. (To give credit where it's due, my TL and our ETL-LOG will rather often help push the truck.)

The printed schedule is your official schedule. Kronos/Mytime sometimes has changes between the time the schedule was posted online and when it was printed/posted in-store. So if the printed schedule is not posted until Friday at noon, they're allowed to change your Kronos schedule until then. Once it has been printed, however, they cannot change it without your approval. If they do, you have every right to insist on working your original schedule. If you run into problems you can take it up with ETL-HR, Hotline, HRBP, etc. It sounds like your store is changing schedules post-publishing and just hoping not one will raise a fuss about it. It doesn't mean they're right or that they're allowed to do that.
It's Saturday afternoon and the schedule still is not posted in my store; it might make an appearance on Monday.

They cut our schedule this week, then corporate showed up twice apparently and saw the shitshow that resulted. We got hours coming out of our asses the next two weeks.

I have done 50hrs this week no one said a damn word. I know a couple that are close to 60hrs, no one has said a word. We have the DTL living in our store this week, along with a couple others from district. They shut off OPU/SFS and cancelled a truck and didn't even work the two parked on the dock so they could get all the freight pushed and backstocked. Shitshow doesn't even begin to describe my store.. Hell modernization went away since the old way is the only way to fix the lack of getting shit done.. Funny how we have been saying that for a year now.. Hours if you want to word 24hrs straight they would let you right now.. They want us cleaned up by Monday when we get turned back on..

I give it a week before its a shit show again.. Cause they haven't fixed the main issue, leadership.

I thought usually the manager doesn’t care about swapping shifts as long as someone is coming to ur shift or you go to their shift

They're not allowed to cut your hours without your approval. They can stop shift swaps but then you should be able to just be taken off the schedule instead. If they're not allowing shift swaps and still get on you for calling out then you have a case on your hands. Times like these should be the easiest time to take time off.

We can cut TMs hours for any reason... The hours are forecasted. Some TMs work 40 hours for 3 months straight and then they’ll work 20 hours for a month. We don’t need a reason to cut hours.

I like when they cut hours but why add more hours when they get last minute corporate visits... I'm fine with working it even OT as I've been approved many times but cmon at least call me to let me know why I have to check it on mytime/Kronos and the paper schedule.

We can cut TMs hours for any reason... The hours are forecasted. Some TMs work 40 hours for 3 months straight and then they’ll work 20 hours for a month. We don’t need a reason to cut hours.

I'm taking your statement at face value. It is legally wrong. Target can't cut a tm's hours for any reason. Not because of their race, religion, etc. Surely you're not suggesting Target can cut a tm's hours because they don't like a black woman cashiering?

I thought usually the manager doesn’t care about swapping shifts as long as someone is coming to ur shift or you go to their shift

It depends on who is trying to cover and what work needs to be done. I wouldn't be happy with a cashier trying to cover a signing TMs shift. It's also an issue when people don't think about compliance before trying to pick up a shift. I had to put a minor on a counseling for that once, after he kept trying to pick up shifts and then sneaking in so no one would stop him.

I'm taking your statement at face value. It is legally wrong. Target can't cut a tm's hours for any reason. Not because of their race, religion, etc. Surely you're not suggesting Target can cut a tm's hours because they don't like a black woman cashiering?
Who said hours are being cut based on race, religion, etc.? Hours get cut because sales are down. Hours get added when sales are up. Sounds like you're construing "any reason" to include discrimination and that's not what's being discussed.

Who said hours are being cut based on race, religion, etc.? Hours get cut because sales are down. Hours get added when sales are up. Sounds like you're construing "any reason" to include discrimination and that's not what's being discussed.

You said it. "We can cut TMs hours for any reason." Did you not write that? And I'll disagree with your last statement also. Hours get added and taken away for reasons other than sales. For example: corporate visits. Then later, they skimp on hours because they used those hours trying to impress people who don't even shop at that store. True or not? You've never seen this happen?

But what it comes down to is that corporate wants it both ways. They want TMS to be completely flexible on their end but also want to lock you in on their end. Hard to have it both ways.

You said it. "We can cut TMs hours for any reason." Did you not write that? And I'll disagree with your last statement also. Hours get added and taken away for reasons other than sales. For example: corporate visits. Then later, they skimp on hours because they used those hours trying to impress people who don't even shop at that store. True or not? You've never seen this happen?
No, I'm not the one who said that. (And now I'm sorry I said anything in response to your post. Good grief.)

It depends on who is trying to cover and what work needs to be done. I wouldn't be happy with a cashier trying to cover a signing TMs shift. It's also an issue when people don't think about compliance before trying to pick up a shift. I had to put a minor on a counseling for that once, after he kept trying to pick up shifts and then sneaking in so no one would stop him.
Yea of course! As long as there both trained in both departments

Yep they have done that alot at my store they will just take that person off the schedule who was trying to get rid of a shift and took one or 2 shifts away from everyone. They also made it where we punch in right on time or up to 5 min after to keep payroll in check. It was annoying

But...but...we get to wear jeans now!!

Last night I left 25 minutes before my shift was up, because the other inbound person I was with was done then, and needed a buddy to walk out with. No one said boo, and I was able to go study for a final...but I wonder if they wanted to cut time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back