Archived "Can not accept. Return coupon to guest."

Status
Not open for further replies.
How you handle these? I think they must have the old style barcode that our coupon policy says we don't accept. Of course at my store we have to take them anyway. I'm wondering if we get reembursed for them.

We do not. you should not honor them, you should say, "sorry, in accordance with our coupon policy, we are unable to take this coupon".

no reputable brand uses the old style barcode. I'd put money on the fact they're fake.

I've seen expired coupons on items after vendors forgot to remove them; had to honor the first few before locating & removing the others.

We were told not to manually apply coupons anymore. Usually when this comes up, it's for a valid reason too, like the wrong scent, size, etc. But if I can't figure out why it's rejecting it, and it's like, for .50 cents, and I suspect no foul-play, then I do it anyway. Keep the line moving!

I've seen expired coupons on items after vendors forgot to remove them; had to honor the first few before locating & removing the others.
Expired is one thing. Wrong barcode is another. A lot more scamming the second way. At my store we can accept if there's an option to accept anyway and it's a valid coupon. Otherwise we have to reject. If they're being nice I'll do it for them anyways though.

If your GSA/TL is ignoring the POS saying "do not accept" I'm surprised they're still a GSA/TL, and AP hasn't gotten involved-- it's most likely coupon fraud by a coupon scammer who hasn't caught up with the times yet.

I've got a handful with no expiration date, as in that's what's printed in the space for the date. They doubtful scan, but are valid. I like to redeem one every once in awhile to screw with places.

Our STL has pretty much told us to stop being coupon cops. If they have the correct item just take it. Our couponers are nasty when they don't get their way.

Nope I've had a lot on actual items that are perfectly valid. If it allows me to override and pick the item, I do so. It's not the guest's fault Target POS is wacky.

Nope I've had a lot on actual items that are perfectly valid. If it allows me to override and pick the item, I do so. It's not the guest's fault Target POS is wacky.
i always do accept anyway if it's the correct item. i'm talking about op's situation where the pos specifically says not to accept the coupon.

i've never seen an invalid coupon on an item (doesn't mean of course they don't exist but every brand i've seen uses correct barcodes)
I have had it happen to me several times in the past month. I've removed the coupon from the product and then get a message that it is not a match. I go ahead and accept since it is a match.

I have had it happen to me several times in the past month. I've removed the coupon from the product and then get a message that it is not a match. I go ahead and accept since it is a match.

Sometimes the coupons are on similar items from the same brand. Like, "if you like this, you might like this other thing we make. Here's a coupon for THAT item."

Our STL has pretty much told us to stop being coupon cops. If they have the correct item just take it. Our couponers are nasty when they don't get their way.
Our STL is the exact same way she is like eh whatever and tells the gstls the same thing as well whenever I cashier I know the drill vibe vibe vibe or the guests complain it is sad really.

So you go up to the item for the coupon in question, do a % price change. I use either Missed Cartwheel or Guest Price Challenge as my reasons for the adjustment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back